LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with launching Demul

TONBOX777

Hello, I've problem with launching Demul with Launchbox, sorry if this has been asked before. Details : I'm using Demul v0.7 Alpha build 230915 and tried to launch Sega Naomi games but it does not seem to work correctly. My Emulator path is : D:\Games\Emulators\NAOMI-DC My roms path is : D:\Games\ROMS\NAOMI-DC when I launched the game it show up the game list instead. http://i67.tinypic.com/2eyc2lg.jpg and here's my command line. http://i65.tinypic.com/wuqnpf.jpg Please correct me if I did someting wrong. btw I also want to know, If I want to launch DC games via Demul which setting I should use? Thank you.

I haven't used Demul with Naomi titles, so I can't really comment there (although I believe what you have is correct, so it may be something in Demul itself), but it definitely works for DC through Launchbox. I believe the launch commands are the same but "dreamcast" so: -run=dreamcast -rom= I have mine setup as a command-line parameter in the emulator entry through, not on a per-game basis. You may want to try that. You should be able to add Demul and then add two separate platforms to associate with it in the platform tab - one for DC and one for Naomi and then add the appropriate command line parameters. Doing it that way means you won't have to enter those commands for every game. I believe you also need to set Demul itself to automatically go fullscreen on game launch in the settings somewhere. Sorry, I can't remember the exact wording/section but I can post screenshots when I get home this evening.

ya, I already set Demul automatically go full screen after success loading game. all things work fine when I test manual launching without Launchbox. but when I tried to launch the game by Lauchbox, It go start up minimize and pop up the game list instead. I just got headache for now lol, hope someone can figure out how to fix my problem :P

You have to use a .bat file these are the ones I am using. Set the bat up as the emulator and then add which ever platforms you want I have Naomi Naomi 2 Atomiswave @echo off SET STRING=%1 SET STRING=%STRING:.zip=% SET STRING=%STRING:J:\Emulation\Naomi\ROMs\=% echo %STRING% start demul.exe -run=atomiswave -rom=%STRING% @echo off SET STRING=%1 SET STRING=%STRING:.zip=% SET STRING=%STRING:j:\Emulation\Naomi\ROMs\=% echo %STRING% start demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=%STRING%

DOS76 said You have to use a .bat file these are the ones I am using. Set the bat up as the emulator and then add which ever platforms you want I have Naomi Naomi 2 Atomiswave @echo off SET STRING=%1 SET STRING=%STRING:.zip=% SET STRING=%STRING:J:\Emulation\Naomi\ROMs\=% echo %STRING% start demul.exe -run=atomiswave -rom=%STRING% @echo off SET STRING=%1 SET STRING=%STRING:.zip=% SET STRING=%STRING:j:\Emulation\Naomi\ROMs\=% echo %STRING% start demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=%STRING%
Err...I'm not sure why you need to do any of that. Using the no-space modifier + appropriate command line parameters per platform entry in the emulator settings works just fine.

DOS76 said You have to use a .bat file these are the ones I am using. Set the bat up as the emulator and then add which ever platforms you want I have Naomi Naomi 2 Atomiswave @echo off SET STRING=%1 SET STRING=%STRING:.zip=% SET STRING=%STRING:J:\Emulation\Naomi\ROMs\=% echo %STRING% start demul.exe -run=atomiswave -rom=%STRING% @echo off SET STRING=%1 SET STRING=%STRING:.zip=% SET STRING=%STRING:j:\Emulation\Naomi\ROMs\=% echo %STRING% start demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=%STRING%
Thank you, this Method also interesting, guess I want to know this alternative way to launch the game but I'm not good about scripting or coding. Can you give me an example for easier understanding please? Let's say the Naomi rom I want to play is cvsgd.zip. my emulator path is D:\Games\Emulators\NAOMI-DC and my roms path is D:\Games\ROMS\NAOMI-DC How should I written my own script with that info? Thank you.

I just copied the script from someone else but from what I believe set string=%string.zip% represents the name of whatever rom you choose I believe since the code doesn't have a path to demul.exe that it must be in the same folder with that file. SET STRING=%1 SET STRING=%STRING:.zip=% SET STRING=%STRING:D:\Games\ROMS\Naomi-DC\=% echo %STRING% start demul.exe -run=Naomi -rom=%STRING%

Guys, I found another problem about the option of Launchbox in the emulator section (see pic) http://i68.tinypic.com/351fsqh.jpg If this option does not enabled, Atomiswave and Naomi rom mode will not boot (Demul launch but it pop up game list instead.) but if this option was enabled, you will not able to launch Dreamcast's image mode (Demul was launched but does not boot the game). So my solution is making the seperate emulator for each system, one for Atomiswave and Naomi rom mode (with the "use file name only" option enabled) and one for Dreamcast's img mode (with the "use file name only" option disabled) Also the correct, working command line to launch Atomiswave is
-run=awave -rom=
not this one (below)
-run=atomiswave -rom=
btw I'm quite intersted to use making .bat method but I still lost and cant make that .bat working. Can somebody show me the example of your script please? (I mean your in use script, real path etc.) thank you.

Sorry about that the command changed with the latest version of demul. Also if anyone is interested here are the .bat files for hiraku and galeco boards. @echo off SET STRING=%1 SET STRING=%STRING:.zip=% SET STRING=%STRING:j:\Emulation\Naomi\ROMs\=% echo %STRING% start demul.exe -run=hiraku -rom=%STRING% @echo off SET STRING=%1 SET STRING=%STRING:.zip=% SET STRING=%STRING:j:\Emulation\Naomi\ROMs\=% echo %STRING% start demul.exe -run=galeco -rom=%STRING% Neither will launch in fullscreen and if I remember correctly DirectX11nrg (I think that is what it is called I'm at a different computer so can't check at the second) will cause an error.

• 3 months later...
Freestate said Please can you contact Jason Carr to do this configurations automatic when adding roms? There's a ticket open. See https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/293/improve-atomiswave-naomi-demul-support-rom
Just check the MAME box during import. He already knows about this. Edit: Unless you're not talking about scraping the metadata during import. If you are talking about scraping then just check that MAME box.

SentaiBrad said
Freestate said Please can you contact Jason Carr to do this configurations automatic when adding roms? There's a ticket open. See https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/293/improve-atomiswave-naomi-demul-support-rom
Just check the MAME box during import. He already knows about this. Edit: Unless you're not talking about scraping the metadata during import. If you are talking about scraping then just check that MAME box.
Again. I not talking only about the data scrapping. I'm talking of the complete issue to do the complete adding without workarounds. Selecting Mame is a walkaround, creating a batch file is a workaround, adding custom parameters is a workaround. Please i suggest this by default without manual conf as an improvement.