LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with launching Demul

TONBOX777

Okay in case anyone wants to know how Demul has to be setup I'm going to add some screen shots here maybe in the future LaunchBox can incorporate Demul as one of the emulators that it auto fills the command line parameters but until then this will have to do. To emulate the arcade portion of the emulator you will want to set up the emulation details like it is in the 1st image and the associated platform like the second image.
Spoiler
Emulaiton-Details_DemulArcade-1.JPG
Spoiler
AssociatedPatforms_DemulArcade-1.JPG
In case the images are hard to read the CMD line parameters are -run=awave -rom= -run=naomi -rom= -run=hikaru -rom= -run=gaelco -rom= -run=cave3rd -rom= (I've never attempted to get this particular one running but I do have all of the other systems working) In order to get the Dreamcast portion running you will use this command and you will only need to copy the emulation details form -run=DC -image=
Spoiler
Emulaiton-Details_DemulDC.JPG
This is actually pretty easy to setup and in the past myself and others have stated that you needed to have 2 separate versions of Demul to do both but I just figured out that you can actually have only one install of Demul but you will have to set it up twice in LaunchBox I named mine Demul and Demul [Arcade] both point to the same .exe and both are launching games after testing.

SentaiBrad said Adding command line parameters isn't a workaround, that's how we achieve a lot of what we do. However, adding that to LB to happen automatically is certainly something we can achieve, or have it be a check box when editing that platform (Like the Project 64 options).
That's the point, my suggestion is to avoid manual confs in every aspect that is posible. It's a simple call for improvements. The Net is plenty of funtional launchers but lacking of easy wizards or with many manual stuff to make it work. If i 'm very entusiastic and happy with launchbox development is because i see how this project is fighting to reach better goals. Eye candy, own database, automation, etc. Thanks for the feedback guys, and keep the good work.

No problem, we certainly love the enthusiasm. People can get easily passionate about it. Yea, we do plan to offer more default insertions like we do when you use the default list of emulators. When you click one, where applicable, command line parameters automatically fill in.

• 6 months later...

ok I know this is an older post but this is the best I could find cause I have the same problem  I get the game menu list instead of it launching a game   here are my setting   any help would be great   the games run if I select them from the rom list but I don't wanna have to manually select them  Screenshot (5).pngScreenshot (6).pngScreenshot (7).png