LaunchBox Community Forums

My "Big Box" Work In Progress

craiganderson

craiganderson said added Fix-It Felix Jr ....among others https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5K7l4pUmzk&feature=youtu.be
I was wondering if you could explain how you got you Fix-it Felix Jr. to open in fullscreen... When I choose the fullscreen option in my game nothing seems to happen at all...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Carr said Yes, I think a democratic way of deciding this would be best. Though to be completely honest, the Hyperspin ways are probably *already* the democratic decisions. I am leaning heavily towards switching up the platforms to mostly match Hyperspin's, but if the community disagrees with this decision, of course I won't end up going that route. That said, going forward I am looking to take the strengths of the Hyperspin data approaches and combine them with the ease of use and openness of LaunchBox. So in time, we should have the best of both worlds.
This is true too, the talk about Platform splitting and combining happened well before we dealt with RL though, so it just stems from what's best for out Database. If that's using split systems, then so be it.

Styphelus said That's your opinion. Obviously, CraigAnderson, Alexis524, me, and everyone over at the Hyperspin, Emumovies and Rocketluncher forums disagrees.
erm, I think I need to clarify a bit. Although I'm very happy to see some steam being generated for splitting systems, I don't want this to create any rifts in the community. I know text/type masks tones and inflections, but I don't entirely agree with the above statement, and feel I need to distance myself from it. The splitting of systems is merely my preference. We're fortunate enough with the dev's here churning out updates after updates week after week, for which I'm grateful for and I feel that "it's all love" the whole way around here at LB. The community here is very pleasant and would hate to ever see it start to go left. I was a member of a similar community that I will not name now or ever will nor will I speak badly of, that seemed to feed of pettiness, selfishness, and just straight-up douchebaggeryness. I'm in no way saying the post above is at all, I just want to keep the vibe good here is all and want to contribute to a mature community cause we're better than that. I think a community poll is a great idea and how ever the chips fall, so be it. Big ups to Jason, Brad and all those working behind the scenes to deliver the best FE that is the topic of many conversations in and around the emulation community.

I'm not a programmer, but can't the same code be used for both system? Doesn't the scrapper work based on your roms folder? If you already have it set to look for info in the Turbografx-16 DB, can't you just copy that same code within Launchbox and assigned to PC-Engine? Within the code, it can still look for all the Turbografx-16 stuff on the DB, but it gets assigned to PC-Engine in Launchbox. That would be an easy fix. Whoever wants it as part of the same system can keep it that way and whoever wants them separate can do it that way as well. Two systems taking info from the same DB. I understand you want to keep things really simple for the existing community but at the same time, if you want to attract other communities and bring them here, you will need to add a certain level of customization for those users as well. Maybe add and advanced options button like Windows has. Keep it simple for one crowd, and a bit more in depth for another. It's part of growing a business.

Combining them is easier than Splitting them if that makes sense... in terms of scraping. If they're split we can't assign alternate naming. "Scrape As" in this situation would be best. It works great in both situations, but it shines more if they are split. Combined on the Database just means PC Engine and TurboGrafx-16 reside here, and if you have them split both SHOULD scan the same category. At least that was my explination for a while now. In the end, we are all up for which ever the people want. Combining them was talked about to try and simplify the database, but still allow users to choose how they want to display their games. This conversation also happened well before we had RL support via the plugins. Just know it was never meant to force anyone to how we are doing it, and even if we want to do things differently we still want to go towards what the community wants and not what we want or even what RL does.

SentaiBrad said Combining them is easier than Splitting them if that makes sense... in terms of scraping. If they're split we can't assign alternate naming. "Scrape As" in this situation would be best. It works great in both situations, but it shines more if they are split. Combined on the Database just means PC Engine and TurboGrafx-16 reside here, and if you have them split both SHOULD scan the same category. At least that was my explination for a while now. In the end, we are all up for which ever the people want. Combining them was talked about to try and simplify the database, but still allow users to choose how they want to display their games. This conversation also happened well before we had RL support via the plugins. Just know it was never meant to force anyone to how we are doing it, and even if we want to do things differently we still want to go towards what the community wants and not what we want or even what RL does.
"RocketLauncher support via the plugins", where? I have LB working with RL but I'm not aware of LB plugin. Has one been created?

Hi Craig, Have you been able to scrap the systems you have added? I just added AAE on my system but it doesn't scrap anything. I tried removing it and adding it under "Arcade" but again, no scrapping happens even when I check the GamesDB and the games are there. Are you adding them all manually?