LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows 10 games those that are in the Xbox app.

ALIE

So long as it has it's own dedicated .exe on your computer, you should be able to add it. I think the Xbox app is basically just a wrapper like Steam, Origin, etc. It still has to install somewhere on your computer and as long as it has it's own executable you should be able to add that to Launchbox (not the Xbox app itself). Now, it may or may not require that you're actually logged into the Xbox app to work - if it's anything like Steam or Origin, some games can work standalone and others can't. I know little to nothing about the Xbox app in W10, so take all this with a grain of salt, but Steam games work through Launchbox so I would think you could do the same with these, you'd just need to add the game-specific .exe to Launchbox.

Hi @ALIE, welcome. Launching the Windows 8/10 Metro-style apps is more challenging than it should be; it's kind of dumb how Microsoft set it up. @Zombeaver, you'd think you'd be able to launch those apps with an EXE file, but my experience suggests that it's not that easy, believe it or not. I'll add an item to my list to research that; I know that will probably be requested more and more very soon.
  • Like 1

I have a post on how to setup your X-Box app somewhere on here. I use it to Launch the app and then use the app to stream my X-Box to all of my HTPC's. I don't know if it would work for all of your individual games or not but I know it can launch the XB app. Here is a link to the above mentioned thread (yeah I was going to be lazy and not look it up but decided against it)

• 1 year later...

I'm a little late to the party but here goes....

Open the start menu (windows button, task bar bottom left)

Find the xbox windows game that you want from the list of all apps

Right click on it and select pin to start. This will create a tile for this game to the right of the apps list 

Click and drag this new tile to your desktop, which will create a link (shortcut)

Go to launchbox, right click and select add.

Click Browse for the application path and select "all files" from the dropdown box at the bottom right of this window to make the shortcut selectable. Browse to your desktop (or wherever) and select the shortcut you just made.

import as normal.

There you have it, Windows 10 xbox game imported to launchbox :)

Untitled.png

Edited by Ninja Danny B
Made instructions clearer & added screenshot
  • Like 2