LaunchBox Community Forums

Mednafen Saturn coming ?

Lordmonkus

3 hours ago, DOS76 said:

so does this have to be manually configured for those games or will it just work when you play them.

Set your controller in the core controller options to 3D Pad and it will just work and by default the "select" or "back" button on a 360 controller will be the "mode" button to toggle it back and forth from 3D Pad to normal controller.

What I spent some time doing last night was setting up my 360 controller for the games I wanted analog controls for and my Hori FC for everything else. The way I did this was I set up the Hori as the default core and controller option. Then for each game I wanted the 3D Pad for I loaded up the game went to the controller config and changed that to my 360 controller and then saved that as a "Game Override" in the Core Options, then I went into the core controller options and set it to 3D Pad and remapped everything where I wanted and saved that as a "Game Remap".

It took a little while to do it but once I figured out the order and the steps it wasn't bad to do and I only have about 5 or 6 games that use it anyways.

Yep, overrides will save the controller type and remaps will save specific button changes.

Unless that mode swap button will also set the "Analog to digital type = " field to "none" (which I assume it doesn't), you'd also want to set it to none for those games, and save that in the override. It's normally set to left stick by default. Otherwise, you're still going to be sending digital inputs for those games, regardless of the controller type that's set. That's the way it is for PSX anyway. If you've got preexisting overrides, you can either load them up, change it and resave them, or add it to the override .cfgs manually with the line:

input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = "0"

I'm curious to see if mouse support has been added too, for Policenauts.