LaunchBox Community Forums

Need Help: Psp Emulator Launchbox Error

Paynemaster

Hello. I am having trouble getting a Psp emulator to work. When i press Add, on the ''choose an emulator'' section i get no prefered emulators. So i used Ppsspp that I used often. I typed the emulator name in. And the path. But after that. I get an error says ''Please enter at least one applicable platform in the grid'' I have no clue what to do here. So hopefully somebody here could help me out.

Thanks for your reply it seems my version is different then yours. These 3 tabs are in a different place on mine. I am at version 5.2 maybe ur showing a new version with these tabs? I am in no state to update Launchbox. Its running on a arcade machine that is a pain to update. one other mention. do u have any way how to close the roms itself. i whant to do this with something like a xbox 360 controller. there is no exit key mapping on the 9snesx emulator

Is there some particular reason you haven't updated to 5.5? In any case, you can add it in the section you highlighted, yes. If you have the platform named "PSP" or "Sony PSP" or some such, that's what you need to put in the field underneath "Associated Platform" and if you want that to be the default emulator for that platform, check the "Default Emulator" box.

Yeah you click in the line with the check box and it will put your cursor there and allow you to type in the platform name. I believe that Sony PSP is the correct choice although it will work with PSP also. The Sony PSP name however is already in the platform drop down menu on the import game wizard I prefer to use the names Launchbox automatically recognizes instead of a custom platform like PSP would be. This way you will get the platform metadata that is already in LaunchBox/BigBox.

Paynemaster said how does it work when u putt a new rom in the allready active list? How can i automatic search for that rom/roms
I think you can do a refresh if you specify the folder where the platform's games are located. I just drag and drop new stuff though. Anything new that I want to add I just drag from Windows directly into the Launchbox UI, specify the platform, and go.

@Paynemaster are you running LaunchBox/BigBox as the shell in your arcade machine and that is why it is tough to update? I want to build an arcade machine also and was thinking of doing so but I had planned to add an applications platform that would allow me to launch explore.exe from within LaunchBox in order to make computer maintenance much simpler. Of course you could always just open the task manager and launch explore.exe from there in order to maintain the computer.

Yes correct. I am also looking into a Kodi shell. That is in my opinion a little bit more friendly with Explorer. The only issue u have, is that Kodi keeps running when u play roms. Btw. Does anyone uses PC games? I am talking about non steam games. I was curious how to set them up in a folder to drag and drop them in launchbox and sees them the right way.

I don't know anything about that but if you find a way to add custom commands to an IR remote I would definitely be interested in learning what it is that you did. I've always wanted to add typing through the numbers like old mobile phones had (T9 I think it is called) but couldn't find any info on how you would do that.