LaunchBox Community Forums

setting up mame

teamkory

Well many of Naomi game don't need the chd packs and honestly if you don't need them for MAME its probably easier to hunt them down individually as it isn't that many games Brads file separates them too I believe so the one with GD at the end will be the one that needs the CHD files.

Edited by DOS76

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

Well many of Naomi game don't need the chd packs and honestly if you don't need them for MAME its probably easier to hunt them down individually as it isn't that many games Brads file separates them too I believe so the one with GD at the end will be the one that needs the CHD files.

OK, fair enough then.

Well actually its just over 60 games in the Naomi GD and GD2 libraries so its a little bit of work may be better to get the chd set extract what you need and then jettison the full pack if you don't want it or research the working games and jettison the non working if that suites you better

Edited by DOS76

Demul emulates Cave, Gaelco, Sega Hikaru, Naomi, Naomi GD, Naomi 2, Naomi 2 GD and Sammy Atomiswave
Sega Model 2 emulates Sega Model 2
Supermodel emulates Sega Model 3
Off of the top of my head these are three main emulators for arcade boards that aren't covered yet by MAME (There is the newer Arcade PC stuff too Like Taito Type X and Nesica but I don't know how I would categorize that yet)

Well yes depending on how you have your torrent client setup if you have the pop up form turned off that list the files and directory before you start downloading you won't have those options.

Edited by DOS76

• 1 year later...
On 6/4/2017 at 7:11 AM, trellos said:

Thank you very much,the main problem was the roms location ,I edited the ini. File and perfect it works!

I am having the same issue, can you tell me how to find the setting for the INI file?  Is this a launchbox setting or MAME? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, albert said:

I am having the same issue, can you tell me how to find the setting for the INI file?  Is this a launchbox setting or MAME? Thanks!

Its in your MAME folder, but you can also do it through the UI, just load MAME without a game and go to configure/Directories/Roms and point it at your romfolder. Then back up a couple of screens and be sure to "save configuration", before closing MAME.