LaunchBox Community Forums

setting up mame

teamkory

Hi teamkory. MAME works fine with LaunchBox. When you installed MAME did you copy your roms in MAMEFXUI over to it? If you're pointing LaunchBox to games that are in your MAMEFXUI folder and you are using your new MAME download for the emulator things probably won't work. Best to get MAME set up and playing games outside of LaunchBox first. Once this works, it's no problem adding it to LaunchBox. Mind you, if you have MAMEFXUI set up to your liking you could discard MAME and just try using MAMEFXUI as your emulator in LaunchBox if you prefer.

• 1 year later...

I continue this thread cause I have the same problem in Launchbox,I installed mame 64bit edition I used the wizard for it,I pointed where my exe file is ,do I have to do something else ? My collection is visible in Launchbox pictures ,videos,etc but when I try to load a game it doesn't .

Just now, trellos said:

Thank you very much,the main problem was the roms location ,I edited the ini. File and perfect it works!

Ah yes, i should of thought of that. Yes launchbox needs to know were your roms are and mame does as well. Glad you got it working. :) 

Yes you can add more games to the playlist's but they should actually already have all the correct games in them. If you want to though you can right click a game, then choose add to playlist, then choose the playlist you want to add the game to. 

Well Naomi doesn't work in MAME anyway you need Demul if you want to set it up I suggest using the .bat file in the link to extract the games from your MAME set and import them as a platform with Demul as the emulator.

2 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Well Naomi doesn't work in MAME anyway you need Demul if you want to set it up I suggest using the .bat file in the link to extract the games from your MAME set and import them as a platform with Demul as the emulator.

Yeah of course, but if you don't have the .chd pack they won't work in demul either. So if you aren't going to grab the .chd's i would probably just delete the naomi playlist.