LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing Games now not working

TheMadMan007

So I had Launchbox totally working with pretty much everything I wanted. I noticed that my NES library was missing some games so I just removed the platform and downloaded a new perfect ROMset and imported. Now it won't import games at all. I go through the correct process of importing, the games all come up in the import list, scans, and then comes up saying "0 games successfully imported" I've triend .7z files, .zip files, .nes files.... nothing is importing at all. I pulled out a old romset and out of 781 games it imported about 28 of them. Any idea what is going wrong?

I think there needs to be a warning message that explains this when you go to delete a platform this may prevent the issue from coming up over and over which isn't the users fault because this is one of the more obscure and less intuitive features in LaunchBox. Or even better an option that asks you if you want to delete the ROMs from LaunchBox when you go to remove a platform.
  • Like 1

OK, I thought I did remove the games first (just a simple select all and delete) then deleted the platform. I readded the platform, but LB did not re-add the platform in the platform list on the left. I restarted and re-added the games allowing dupilcates when importing games and everything came up perfectly. Thank you!

but LB did not re-add the platform in the platform list on the left
I've noticed this happens if you add a platform without adding any games. If you add just one game with the platform it'll show up. I didn't report it as I wasn't sure if this was intentional, although now that I think about it, because LaunchBox is Drag and Drop, you should be able to add a platform with zero games.