LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing new games - feature request

Drybonz

When I am adding a lot of games off and on, it gets repetitive to have to check, un-check the options each time. It would be great if Launchbox can remember my selections. Example... if I uncheck the box to download "fan art", I would like for it to be unchecked automatically in the future. Also... the EmuMovies is a nice addition, but the downloads from there are way too slow and it makes adding a large bunch of games very slow. I would like to know if there is a way to completely remove EmuMovies downloads (In other words it will not take the time to parse or ask me what files to download at all). If there is no way currently, please add a check box in the options dialog to skip EmuMovies when adding files. Thanks.

SentaiBrad said Take out your EmuMovies login information in the Options, is this not the same thing?
You have to wait for it to parse each time you add a game. If you are adding a lot of games individually, etc, it becomes an annoyance. More elegant, time saving solution is to just un-tick it in the options. Goal is to get the game importing streamlined a bit.

SentaiBrad said Well adding games 1 by 1 does take a while regardless. There is still an un-check all button when you get to EmuMovies, and what I said above still works if you don't want to use EmuMovies at all.
I understand what you said... my feature request can be found in the OP. Thanks.

Not that this is overly important but I can see a use for this as I would like to be able to choose a preference of MP4 videos over MP4 High Quality videos or HD which ever one that is usually ticked by default I want my snaps to be as small as possible and don't really need them to be high def. While I can easily just switch it like I usually in an ideal world I would be able to set a preference that LaunchBox would remember. At the same time though I'd rather see other features prioritized over this one.

Drybonz, solution to stop waiting for EmuMovies is simply to remove your login creds per what @SentaiBrad said. I agree though that it would ideally save your preferences per what to download. That's slightly tricky because different platforms and games have different available downloads, but agreed that it's good to put on the list. :)

• 3 weeks later...