LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch 1.32

Drybonz

...was released a few days ago. http://www.libretro.com/ A couple things that stood out to me in the release notes are that there is going to be OpenGL in the Mednafen PSX core soon, and also that they are going to try to do weekly stable releases soon. There were some other nice things in there as well, like a new early stage PSX core.

The Mednafen PS1 core also has internal resolution scaling now too, but it's still in early stages as it lags severely because of software rendering with it. Once OpenGL is implemented it will have scaling with OpenGL. Yea, I am super excited. Another great announcement for it last night that I saw was the inclusion of PCem. I messed around with standalone PCem for a long time, and I am just waiting for it to mature. Essentially it's an emulator for Windows 9x era of games. So games like Dino Crisis or Clock Tower I'll be able to play well and not in extremely small windows or with some graphical glitches.

I'm playing around with 1.3.2 a little outside of LaunchBox I'm curious is there anyway that I can load content from a network computer I only have access to my local files. I'm sure if need be I could map a network drive but I'd rather not have to do so.

Outside of LaunchBox? No, RA doesn't have a way to see networked drives. If it was mapped with a drive letter then potentially, or use LaunchBox to directly link the game because of the command line. Now that I typed that and thought it, if you used the command line outside of LB then yea, that should work too as you're telling RetroArch exactly where the file is, but I am fairly sure there is no way to use the Load Content or Add Content commands over a network without the drive letter being present.

Strange issue with my PCECD games I have 3 games in a #s folder that won't load when I open RA and browse through the folder it only sees the #s folders as s and when I open it it displays the games in the s folder. I'm sure that this would hold true for any other systems I have with a folder structure like this which is unfortunate.

Finally got PC-FX games to run in RA when I used the info file before it kept reporting my bios as missing but today when the PCECD's were working the info was saying that bios was missing also so when I tried that and it worked I decided to try the other and now I have that working also.

Blue Breaker is the game I got the bios awhile ago from Game Tronik whose website seems to be down right now. I had to rename it and actually in doing so and playing with names I have two files one is pcfx.bios and the other is pcfx.bios.bin I through them both in my system folder and I'm not even sure which one is the one I'm supposed to have but it is working.

The name is supposed to be pcfx.bios, but it could be outdated? just remove the .bin for a test launch and find out. As for the games, It's primarily text heavy Japanese games, nothing is in English other than maybe basic menu's. If there are any shmups or some more basic games then you might be able to get away with it, but really it's honestly a pointless system to emulate. Of the small amount of games available, they're all in Japanese.