LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox Rotation

Drybonz

Though, now that I think about it, if you plug in a vertical screen, Windows should just adapt the resolution. The only thing is BigBox won't adapt it's UI yet to a vertical window, things might display weirdly. I know there is a ticket in the BitBucket to add this functionality too.

Well like I said, Windows should just adapt the resolution to the given monitor, the rotation is for screens that don't report the right resolution or if you want to force it. Screens report the right resolution though, so if you had a vertical monitor it should just work, besides BigBox not fitting exactly.

I was using a second vertical monitor but had to change my setup to a single monitor. I have a nice VESA mount arm that allows me to easily rotate my single screen for vertical games. The game is fine. When I exit the game to pick the next game BigBox is sideways.

If there were a button in BigBox to rotate the app, that is all that would be needed. I guess the artwork would need to go to the top or bottom to fit. *edit* I guess I could set up a shortcut to start in vertical BigBox too if that were possible.

Nothing really beats the dual monitor setup since all this is already possible. I'm going to have to figure a way to get my second monitor incorporated back on the desktop. The single rotating monitor is wonderful, but it seems like nothing is set up for it. Just switched back to the single monitor and having all sorts of tiny issues.

Mine only works because I have multiple monitors which doesn't fix OP's issue of needing to rotate. I know that in MAME UI if you right click on Horizontal or Vertical category you can go into the properties and set video preferences for both types but I don't think that would help either what you would need was like some AHK script that would launch games and then press ctrl+alt+arrow keys which will rotate the screen that or if you had a monitor with an accelerometer (not that I know if they even make them).

• 9 months later...

After reading all these postsIhave to say that my old ArcadeOS  and Mame setup from 15 years ago is still better than Launchbox. They are installed in a pc based arcade cab. If I rotate the monitor to a vertical position the front end has no problem accommodating me. Although Launchbox looks prettier it still has a way to go regarding functionality. I'm sorry I paid the extra $20 for Bigbox. Maybe the developers will add this very important option.....thst is if you want your games to resemble the originals. For me this is paramount.

Edited by stevep

Just now, stevep said:

After reading all these postsIhave to say that my old ArcadeOS  and Mame setup from 15 years ago is still better than Launchbox. They are installed in a pc based arcade cab. If I rotate the monitor to a vertical position the front end has no problem accommodating me. Although Launchbox looks prettier it still has a way to go regarding functionality. I'm sorry I paid the extra $20 for Bigbox. Maybe the developers will add this very important option.....thst is if you want your games to resemble the originals. For me thus us paramount.

@stevep Sorry to hear that; I agree that we need to implement rotation. If you'd prefer, I'm more than happy to send you a refund.