LaunchBox Community Forums

Hey Everyone!

gradientpixel

Hey, thought to just say hello to everyone on the forums. I have been using LaunchBox for about 2 weeks and I must say this application is very clean and sleek. I love the aspect that you get more in depth with your games by the screenshots, box art and all the extra information. I have enjoyed playing ROMs for a long while and discovered LaunchBox upon finally deciding to move up a level in the emulation world and install PCSX2. So far got one ScummVM game, a couple Sega Genesis games running through Gens2, a good collection of SNES games running through ZSNES and obviously a good collection of PS2 games. I must say the flexibility with LaunchBox is awesome having the ability to connect with countless emulators and also how you seem to stay very involved with everyone on the forums. Keep up the great work Jason Carr!

Welcome @gradientpixel; If you are having issues, check out our Tutorial series on our YouTube channel with the link in my signature. As well I do suggest trying to learn RetroArch, which we have several tutorials about, but I personally think it is a superior emulator to a majority of the emulators out there. I

SentaiBrad said Oh, and the PS2 tutorial goes up in about 40 min.
I will watch it, I haven't configured/added my PS2 games to LaunchBox yet and PCSX2-LaunchBox related questions and problems are often posted in the forums. Also PCSX2 devs just released a new stable update, 1.4. It is awesome it implemented a lot of features and fixes.

Thankfully there seems to be no change in the UI in any meaningful way, so it still fully holds up. But I update to the latest 1.3.1 git, and the stable is now 1.4.0. I do say several times in the videos usually "at the time of recording" for this exact reason. I am just very glad it wasn't bad. All of the changes must be on the back end.

First of all, welcome to OP! Here is the progress report for everyone's delight. http://pcsx2.net/273-1-4-0-release-end-2015-report.html Brad, I need to confess I laughed a bit... I thought you did the tutorial today with the new version I wasn't trying to troll you or anything. I underestimated the time it takes for the tutorials being made. DOS76, this version of PCSX2 will be the first emulator where I am going to use OpenGL instead of D3D11. And that is because of a feature called Blending Unit Accuracy. Look what it can do: https://imgur.com/RBilU6s Top is without the feature, and bottom is using this feature. Don't know if my CPU is going to be able to run it but I will test it. If you or anyone test it I would love to see some screenshots.

DOS76 said Yeah I don't think I have any CSO files though nor do I know where to obtain any. So unless I can some how convert my ISO's to save space that doesn't help me out I'm sure that it will be better all around though.
Check the progress report, there the writer explains the advantages of CSO, how to convert them and provides you with a software, he also developed a software specifically for this.

You're slacking Clive. :P Also, CSO has been around for a while, all but 4 or 5 of my PSP games are CSO's. Some games don't load properly compressed, like the GTA Stories games. Here is the link for the other program I use for PSP CSO's: http://yacc.pspgen.com/ Technically there is no difference between the CSO's(?) but the program the PCSX2 dev wrote can address files over 4GB, and some PS2 games (not a lot) are on a dual layered DVD.