LaunchBox Community Forums

ReAdding Games / Altering Platform Game/Rom Lists.

fromlostdays

So I get to ask the second noob question first as well. :D Sorry, I took off an extra day this weekend specifically to work on this. The situation: Before today I've always generated my PS1 xmls based on my rom folder which unfortunately included separate files for separate disks. E.G Galerians (USA) (Disc 1) Galerians (USA) (Disc 2) So my xml files always would have two entries for the same game. LaunchBox was no different when I imported them. (I did it via the wizard, just pointing it to my rom folder, no drag and drop). Ultimately, I spent all morning fixes my PS1 bins/cues/m3us and now I have a rom folder that doesn't include multiple discs by using a m3us. So the above is: Galerians (USA).m3u Figured this was a good time to re generate my xmls and reimport my ps1 games into launchbox to erase duplicates. I may have messed up. I went to Manage Platforms and deleted PS1 with the intention of just rerunning the wizard and reimporting the folder. However, now when I try to create a new PS1 entry, it doesn't find any of my games. I also tried dragging and dropping. No joy. How can I undo this? Thanks!

Hi @fromlostdays, the trick here is that deleting the platform does not currently delete any games. This is on my list to fix because it confuses a lot of people. The games are all still there, but have an empty platform. Try adding the "None" filter option to the sidebar and then filter on platforms None and then you can easily delete them all.

To flesh this out: I made sure under platforms I selected ALL (my ps1 games were still there) I went to View, and instead of Box Art View clicked List View. In List View I sorted by Platform, and all of the games that were "Platformless" were sorted for me. A game without a platform doesn't say None in the Platform column, that column will just be blank. I selected all of them and deleted them. Then I just re-added Sony Playstation like normal and joy. It worked. Thanks!

To be clear in case anyone else does what I did, the reason I had to do it that way (lised above) was because like a dope I had already deleted PS1 as a platform, so if, like me, you do this first, the only way to get at the game entries is through the ALL view. A better solution like DOS said above is to just select the games while viewing them sorted by system and delete them there. Less room for error. But both ways work. Thanks again for your help. :D