LaunchBox Community Forums

Games TAITO TYPE X

slashguns04

Try playing with those check box settings in manage emulators try no space and something else you may also need a command line but don't those games run in Windows just by starting the .exe. I tried to get them to work through Taito Type X launcher (i think that is what it was called) I could get the launcher to run but the games wouldn't start. I tried the games without the launcher and it would go black screen but nothing would ever show up on screen so i gave up on it.

@slashguns04: Just make a right click on the background in LaunchBox and choose add. As the application path you choose the .exe or .bat file you use to start the game. Then you can search for metatdata, download artwork, change the platform to Taito Type X, etc. You have to this for every game. @DOS76: Maybe you want to check out SimplyAustin’s tutorials for the TaitoType X games. In the video descriptions he offers working and preconfigured versions of the games and shows how to start the game, change controls/graphics, etc. Here’s the link to his playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe424g_m2Z-GezoefTRd-aLe581kKsxMc

Taito Type X games are technically pc games, so there’s no emulator for them. You have to add every game with the correct configured bat, editet .exe or launcher. If you mean the platform itself than just type Taito Type X in the platform field and save the game. LaunchBox creates the platform automatically.

Yeah thanks for this @CriticalCid I have SSFIV up and running it looks awesome by the way. @Slashguns04 If you have it working in other launchers i'm going to guess you have already configured it properly. To add it to LaunchBox you click on add in the bottom right corner then type in the name, the platform, the path and then get the metadata now if you want to have a platform called Taito Type X then you need to make sure that after you get the metadata it doesn't add it to your Arcade platform because it will try to if you want it to be labeled under Arcade then you don't have to worry I like my Arcade games to be separated by systems like Sega Model 2 CPS1 instead of just lumping them all under one Arcade category but this will be based off user preference.

Is there anyway to get the portrait games to start in horizontal or at least to choose which monitor they open on I do have another PC with one Horizontal and one Portrait monitor I use it to play portrait MAME games but they have a built in setting for that this barely has any settings. Also i have some games that don't work at all like Samarui Shodown it starts to open then the launcher.exe file becomes unresponsive and never recovers. Another issue is Chaos Breaker and Battle Fantasia are both Battle Fantasia when I open them. I'm going through them and trying to figure out which ones are playable but I have to go school for a few hours so it will have to wait until I finish.

Do you use Austin’s game versions and follow all his steps in his tutorials? Because the launcher files he provides rotate the screen for horizontal monitors automatically. I only use the versions of Taito Type X games which Austin shares because they all working perfectly fine for me and I don’t have to struggle to get the games to work. And of course the games don't have much options. They were all designed to work in dedicated hardware so there was no need for the developers to make the games much configurable. That's why we have to deal with workarounds like launcher.

No I had a bunch I had downloaded before and once I learned how to get them running I just started using them I will have to check out more of Austins games. I think I remember him mentioning a link in a certain video to download multiple games I'll have to watch it again.

• 6 months later...
On 2/10/2016 at 5:51 PM, DOS76 said:

i have BluBlaze Calamity Trigger working now to that was a little more difficult but if you use the fix file that Simply Austin provides then that works too.

I tired Austin's method, but the game crashes upon launching..That actually happens to a few TTX games for me..I can only get 12 of the games running. No Arcana Hearts or BlazBlue for me

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Question, I'm able to get the games launching with the new Launchbox 7.15 by setting them up (no emulator) with the main EXE, for example Raider III.exe; it opens and plays fine, but when exiting, it rotates my monitor 90 degrees...I'm using the Simply Austin version of this game...what do I need to do?  I've tried a bunch of stuff and nothing seems to work....if this has been covered, I'm sorry, just confused here...thanks!

4 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

ctrl+alt+up arrow should fix it up or make a ahk or bat and use it as an additional app to run a certain amount of seconds after the game exits.

Any chance you can help with me with making the BAT?  I've tried the arrow combo to no avail, it merely rotates me second monitor, not the one being played on, and I need it to be seamless, giving this to someone who can't do this... :-\

Thanks man.

Edited by cleverest