LaunchBox Community Forums

Magic Engine for Turbo GFX CD

slashguns04

DOS76 said How did you get the CD's to run in ME
Hey Derek... I remember years ago I was going crazy trying to get Ys and Rondo of Blood to work in Magic Engine. I finally discovered that the problems were mostly with the image format. There were a lot of bad images floating around that ME didn't like.

Oh where you using physical disks or mounting them. I think the major issue now is that Daemon Tools in Windows 10 doesn't support the certain drive type that you need to mount them properly. Now that I've got it working in RA its not a big deal at all I was just curious.

Drybonz said
DOS76 said How did you get the CD's to run in ME
Hey Derek... I remember years ago I was going crazy trying to get Ys and Rondo of Blood to work in Magic Engine. I finally discovered that the problems were mostly with the image format. There were a lot of bad images floating around that ME didn't like.
Which has to do with a specific site... that site has been around for a very long time, since I started playing with emulation in 2000. Yea Derek linked to our Tutorials, I would watch those and see if that helps you out.

For the benefit of Slashguns, incase you don't see the response I made to your BitBucket ticket; Magic Engine hasn't been developed for a really long time. If you are having problems with it it more than likely has nothing to do with LaunchBox. When software grows severely outdated and Operating Systems continue to grow, this happens more and more.

slashguns04 you are much better off using the tutorials I linked to instead of my making you a video I'm not a video making guy I don't have any screen recording software, the knowledge or any interest to take that on. If you already have the cd bios and it isn't named syscard3 (I think this is the name that RA is looking for) you can probably try renaming it that. Rules of the forum and legality keep me from being able to link you to the file so you will have to find it on your own.