LaunchBox Community Forums

Question about modern Windows games

WoodenSaucer

It's true that the same account will only work on one computer at a time. But I'm almost sure we've played different shared games on different computers at the same time. I know you can't play the same game at the same time on shared accounts, though. If you try it, it gives whoever is not the owner 5 minutes to either buy the game again or quit playing. I'll test it out later when I get a chance to verify whether you can play different games at the same time, though. But even if you can't, there are still benefits. For one, having the games shared on separate accounts separates your saved game files. That's a big bonus right there. Some games, like Skyrim, won't support that, though. With Skyrim, you can only have one game going, no matter how many profiles you have.

Man, guys. I was wrong. I just tested it out a little bit ago. If you're playing a game from your shared library, no one can play any of the other games in your library. That's a load of crap. Really sucks. I can understand them not wanting you to play the same game on two computers at once, but to not even let you play any games is ridiculous. If I bought physical discs on a console, I can play them on any console. Sorry for the misinformation. I guess the only real benefit is having your game saves separated on the games that support that.

SentaiBrad said With the same analogy though, you can't play the same disc or cart on two consoles either. :P That doesn't include different games though, you are right there.
Which is why I don't have a problem with them blocking the same game being played on two PCs. But they shouldn't block your whole library. I should be able to play Trine on one PC and Skyrim on another using a different shared account. I doubt if it's ever going to change, though.