LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox not updating metadata and images for Famicom Disk System.

djmaglioli

Hi all, really loving this program and community. The only problem I've been having is that Launchbox doesn't seem to find any metadata/images for any of my FDS games. I've checked the GamesDB for a few of the titles I have and they are there, however when I manually edit one of the games in Launchbox and click "search for metadata" it comes back with "no games found with the specified title." The titles and platforms for the games are correct. I even went as far as to copy and paste the title of one of the games from the GamesDB and it still couldn't find it. Haven't had this problem with any other platforms just the FDS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys, believe it or not, the data in LaunchBox isn't yet coming live from the LaunchBox Games Database. It's all local in the local XML database (sans for the images, which are downloaded from the site). I've been updating the local XML from the site when I put out new versions of LaunchBox. When I get back into LaunchBox development next week (currently working on Big Box stuff), I'm first going to implement a way to batch download/update all metadata from the LaunchBox Games Database, so you can use the latest data in LaunchBox. Having the metadata all locally significantly helps to speed up the import/update processes, so I plan to keep this approach going forward, but will be providing an automated way to download daily updates. Hope that makes sense, let me know if not.

Makes perfect sense to me. It's only the Famicom Disk System anyways, nothing important. For shits and giggles I went through the entire collection and there really is only a handful of games on it that is both worth playing and system exclusive so for me it's really low priority stuff.

Thanks for your help on this everyone. Another small thing I'd like to point out is if you have image files mixed in with your FDS files, and the image files are listed above the FDS file for instance like this: Picture.jpeg game.FDS Retroarch will open the image file instead of the game when you play it. Make sure that your FDS files are listed first above any images in their respective folders or just separate/delete the images. I'm not sure if retroarch does this with other platforms.