LaunchBox Community Forums

Launch BigBox on secondary Monitor

Rastan101

Hi all, Yesterday I purchased LaunchBox premium. Great software and so much easier than hyperspin! Does anyone know if it is possible to launch BigBox on the secondary monitor from within Kodi? I can only get it to open from kodi to the primary monitor. I have kodi on my TV which is a secondary monitor and have configured all the games/emulators to run on the secondary monitor (TV). I'm only able to run BigBox on the secondary monitor outside kodi if I put the shortcut on the desktop on the secondary monitor. Maybe there is a script or something that can give me the desired effect?

Many requests get lost here the best place to make them is on the bitbucket page which can be reaced from both the report issues and request features link. I'm going to make a ticket for this myself and then link the request here. You can then go and vote it up so it will get preference if other users are interested.

Thank you guys. @Rastan101 I know it's not a perfect solution, but Big Box *should* open up on the monitor from which it is opened from. If you put a shortcut to it on one monitor, it will open up on that monitor. That said, I know that's probably not much help for the Kodi issue. Hopefully I can get to this soon. :)

I personally use a program called Display Fusion Pro, which is for multiple monitor setups, and it does a lot of cool things. One of them though is opening windows on certain screens and modifing their behavior. I have RetroArch center on my main screen each time it opens for example because it always opens up partially off the screen.

Oh yea certainly. It would totally be better for this to be worked in, but as a workaround and for other programs Display Fusion is great! There is a free version, and it details what the free version does on it's site. If you want to pay for Pro though you get more features. I forget if the window manipulation is in the free version though. https://www.displayfusion.com/Compare/ I had this one cracked myself, but I realized that I used it every single day (it autoboots with Windows and takes very little resources and does A LOT of stuff) so I gladly paid the $35 not on sale. It does go on sale frequently too. This is just a workaround though, and this feature in LaunchBox / BigBox is probably a better idea because who wants to spend an extra $35 for one program? The trick here though is if you think you'd use it for everything else. xD

I actually have a license for Actual Tools suite which includes Actual Multiple Monitors which has a ton of features but I'm not sure if it had positioning included or allowed you to specify which monitor to launch applications on. I would have to reinstall it to check.

Jason Thanks, I currently am shutting down kodi and manually opening the shortcut on my desired screen. I will patiently await your solution. Thankyou for creating this cool software, your hard work is appretiated! Smile @SentaiBrad I think I tried displayfusion before when I was trying to get hyperspin to work on my secondary monitor. I couldnt get it to work. @DOS76 Thanks for the Actual Tools suite suggestion. I may give it a go. But I would much prefer a solution built into Launchbox itself. On a side not if anyone has the same problem with PC games that play on the wrong monitor. I came across this free little app that is able to force nit to play on your screen of choice. It is called TVGameLauncher and can be found HERE Unfortunately I can't get it to work on Big Box.

I know that Display Fusion is working great though. I also just tested this function and it completely worked for BigBox, it opened right up on my second monitor. Display Fusion also has a lot more versatility than this, that is just one feature I like. https://i.imgur.com/MTPH8oK.png https://i.imgur.com/Hpimbd3.png https://i.imgur.com/QZfx7tf.png

Oh, I should mention probably my most favorite feature! Ctrl + Win + X (and it's editable to what ever you want). What this function does is move a window however you had it on one screen to the other in the exact same way. So say I have a small window in the top right corner on monitor 2, it moves it to monitor 1 in the same exact location. My wife loves this function because she uses a TV and a Monitor, and the TV is kind of older (it still works, but it's big and we can't afford a new tv), so it needs to "warm up". If she just got home from work and just wants to watch something on Kodi over the network she uses Alt + Tab and Ctrl + Win + X to move over what ever she needs easily. Edit: I just tested this on exlporer.exe because I have a hard time of Windows remembering that I want my folders to open up maximized, literally all the time. So I just set explorer.exe to maximize all the time and it totally works. xD

SentaiBrad Many thanks for your suggestion. I just tried out Display Fusion and it works! I can now open Big Box from inside Kodi and have it show on the TV. It would still be nice to not have to have a 3rd party app to do it. But at least it works now Laugh

When I find software that works, I tell people about it because I want them to be able to utilize the benefits. Thankfully this has more uses than just this one. I am glad you got it working though. If you've got more questions don't hesitate to ask them.

• 9 months later...