LaunchBox Community Forums

emulator no longer exist

bb040

hi, new to this so bare with me i bought ver 6 to use as my front end for mame im running mame 0.174b my roms are good everything loaded up as far as art work and roms when you goto try and play a game it says "the emulator specified for game no longer exist" it's there everything works in mame out side of launchbox and big box ive tried reinstalling everything and even went back to an earlier copy of mame still get the same thing ...what have i missed ...thanks BB

Bulk edit your games by clicking on an Arcade game (make sure you click on your Arcade platform on the left first), then Ctrl + A. Right Click -> Edit. In the Bulk Edit Wizard drop down box select emulator, then select your MAME emulator. Edit MAME and double check the path is correct. Either the pathing is wrong now for some reason, you've updated MAME but not the pathing in LB, or you never edited your games to point towards MAME if you added MAME under a new name. You generally don't have to edit your games emulators if you keep the emulator and use the same name and just edit the path when you update the path to the new version. If you add a new entry for your emulator so you have MAME .173 and MAME .174, then you need to edit the games to use the different emulator.
  • Thanks 1

your emulator path is most likely the culprit as Brad stated above. I had the same happen a few days ago after moving some directories around. I went to load up a game and got the same message as you. I just had to go in and change the path to the emulator and all was well.

• 1 year later...

There is no actual fix except changing the emulator in the additonal app manually by editing it if you have many games with additional apps you would be best bulk deleting those games and reimporting them where LB will set the additional apps correctly or I guess if you aren't using the other emulator anymore you could go to manage emulators and change the path to point to the same emulator the main rom is using.

56 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

There is no actual fix except changing the emulator in the additonal app manually by editing it if you have many games with additional apps you would be best bulk deleting those games and reimporting them where LB will set the additional apps correctly or I guess if you aren't using the other emulator anymore you could go to manage emulators and change the path to point to the same emulator the main rom is using.

Id go with the delete the platform and re-import with the emulator already set. Then everything imported will use the same emulator.