LaunchBox Community Forums

How can I see broken games only ?

Fredator

• 9 months later...

I don't find any launchbox.xml, but there is a XML by platform. @SentaiBrad are you sure this has been requested previously ? I don't find any bitbucket issue for this.

We can mark a game as broken but with lots of games it's difficult to search those which are broken for trying to repair them (change emulator, get another version of the game, etc..).

We just need a filter "Status" with 2 possible choices "broken/works" :)

Edited by Tseu

It's been requested many times, for sure. I don't know if there is a ticket, and if you really can't find one them just make one. There also isn't a LaunchBox.xml anymore, they were split in to many XML's quite a while ago. They're all in that Data folder. You can mark games broken, and I think the best solution would be to bake that in to the Audit screen where you can mark, edit and un mark broken games, but there isn't an easy way to currently show all broken games. I am also confident there are Audit related tickets as well. Just remember, there is A LOT for Jason to do and he is one man, so sometimes things might take a while if not a lot of people are asking for it.

1 hour ago, SentaiBrad said:

You can mark games broken, and I think the best solution would be to bake that in to the Audit screen where you can mark, edit and un mark broken games

Unfortunatly there is no 'broken' field into the Audit screen so no you can't (or maybe i've missed something).

I've found a ticket : https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/715/broken-game-filter

I understand that Jason is one man so for those who wish, please vote for this ticket :)

Thank you.

• 4 years later...
30 minutes ago, jackmeat said:

I am going to guess this never went anywhere since Happy New Year, it is 2022 and I am noticing that I cannot filter by "broken" status and figured I was just an idiot missing something simple.

"Broken" has been added to the audit screen for quite some time now. Just Audit all games or per platform and sort.

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 8.27.35 PM.png

Yes, it is added to the list view as well. I was more or less looking for a filter so my library would only show the broken ones, but this as a workable solution will do. I didn't find it until the fine folks here chimed in. Just the posts about this issue were stale, same with bitbucket, so it didn't appear to be resolved. Thank you, and thanks to those above as well for pointing me in the right direction.