LaunchBox Community Forums

BSNES/Higan - Launch to Fullscreen?

HeyItsThatDog

Hi, LaunchBox fans. First off, excellent program. I've tried a bunch of frontends over the past 10 years, and this is the only one that does what it's supposed to with a great interface. My question is simple: Is there an option or commandline in BSNES/Higan that allows for starting a game in full screen mode? Thanks!

Unless Byuu changed something in the latest version there is no way to launch it into full screen in a simple manner. You either have to press F12 (I think its F12 or maybe F11) or do it through a script. There is the option of using Retroarch and the BSnes Balanced or Accuracy core. The accuracy core is 100% like the stand alone even if it is a bit older. From what I understand and could very well be mistaken most work being done on Higan nowadays is on the other systems and not the SNES so much.

Yeah, what Brad said. You do not need to download the cores manually, they are all available within the built in updater. And 99% of all settings are done through the interface, I have only had to edit one setting manually within notepad and that was a setting as a part of setting up G-Sync to get it's full effect.

• 11 months later...

I was Googling for a way to automatically open Higan in full screen through Launchbox and this was the top result. In case anyone else ever finds this and wants to open Higan in full screen without using Retroarch, there's a video with a tutorial and hotkey script here. That worked like a charm for me.

That w

Yeah this script is around here on the forums in other threads and depending on the version of Higan it may or may not work.

For example 1.01 requires this script but 1.02 does not, all you need is the command line parameter --fullscreen. I have no idea what 1.03 requires since I have't tried it out, Byuu is known to change tiny things like this up on a whim.

#NoEnv

Sleep, 3000
SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
Send {F11}
Return

Oh! I didn't realize that was known around these parts already. I'm a Launchbox user, but not active here on the forum. Like I said, this was just the top result in my Google search, trying to figure it all out. I just tried, and actually --fullscreen seems to work with Higan 1.03 as well.

Edited by Jencaasi

It's all good :)

It seems most people around here either use Retroarch or Snes9x for their emulation. Byuus quirky design choices with his emulator throws a lot of people off.

There is no question that his emulator is top quality but some of his choices in design are kinda O.o

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/22/2017 at 4:39 AM, Jencaasi said:

I was Googling for a way to automatically open Higan in full screen through Launchbox and this was the top result. In case anyone else ever finds this and wants to open Higan in full screen without using Retroarch, there's a video with a tutorial and hotkey script here. That worked like a charm for me.

That w

Thank you very very much, That was just what i needed.

It works perfect with a 1 second delay.

What about using (bsnes.exe/higan.exe) --fullscreen?

Edit:

On 6/22/2017 at 10:47 AM, Jencaasi said:

Oh! I didn't realize that was known around these parts already. I'm a Launchbox user, but not active here on the forum. Like I said, this was just the top result in my Google search, trying to figure it all out. I just tried, and actually --fullscreen seems to work with Higan 1.03 as well.

Nevermind, its already mentioned.

Edited by Mayora13

8 hours ago, Mayora13 said:

What about using (bsnes.exe/higan.exe) --fullscreen

It's for my Gameboyadvance roms.

I run most of them with Visualboyadvance-m, And the few that won't boot is set to launch with Higan instead.

For some weird reason i can't get mGBA to work and having weird issues with it???

• 3 years later...

Hello all, 

I know this thread is solved by using Launchbox but i just did this script who allow you to launch Higan in fullscreen and Exit by pressing Esc without any frontend.

Thanks to those who helped previously on this thread  i didn't have "SetKeyDelay, -1, 110"  and it helped me a lot.

You can Replace my hotkey if needed,  in my case i used "R" . Just make sure you set same key on the script and on Higan.

I used Higan v106 but let me know if you have an issue, maybe you should increase  " Sleep" value. 

#Persistent
#SingleInstance, force
Loop{

WinWait, ahk_exe higan.exe

Sleep, 2000
 SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
 Send R     
WinWaitClose, ahk_exe higan.exe

}
Esc::WinClose, ahk_exe higan.exe
Return

See Ya 😀

Higan Fullscreen.ahk

• 5 months later...

You can launch BSNES-HD out of LaunchBox in full screen mode by using the parameter "--fullscreen":

2108336592_ScreenshotFullscreenParameter.thumb.jpg.da3834d0ba40592883fa7f87f4f04b1f.jpg

I prefer custom hotkeys in the emulator - which makes the LaunchBox/BigBox Pause Screen more usefull. This is my setting:

Hotkeys in BSNES-HD
1884116964_ScreenshotBSNES-HDHotkeys.thumb.jpg.a80668c0c59e0c173caa805569260018.jpg

Pause Script
299696148_ScreenshotPauseScript.thumb.jpg.a3173783f9358d019170ff7300e6583a.jpg

Reset Script
2021694415_ScreenshotResetScript.thumb.jpg.66cb68b8972900e3cb3286795bbe71a1.jpg

Save State Script
389365231_ScreenshotSaveScript.thumb.jpg.6d8f675771b527d16effe7d7930b2ee2.jpg

Load State Script
513370416_ScreenshotLoadScript.thumb.jpg.705102fd952e91fe76f64e20d763e910.jpg

Exit Script
1158240896_ScreenshotExitScript.thumb.jpg.9983cba37645b506fb286583ff8f78c4.jpg