LaunchBox Community Forums

Is there a way to "Audit" roms in LaunchBox?

kmccb23

I've been playing with roms/romsets/etc for weeks now trying to get everything the way I want it.. I have imported rom's in LaunchBox, imported all the details (art, videos, etc) for them etc.. I then realized I had duplicates of tons of games so I went through using the program "Everything" and started searching for "(Japan)" and the like.. I deleted a bunch of roms that way.. Today I want into my NES collection and tried to play a game.. It said Rom file not found.. I go into LB and view the details.. Sure enough, it's pointing to Double Dribble (USA) (Rev A).zip and my current collection does not have that file.. It has Double Dribble (USA).zip My question / issue is kinda two fold.. 1.. It would be nice if there was an audit / update / similar function in LB that would go through your library and remove any entries for files that are no longer there.. 2. What I did was I added the same rom path into the import roms in LB and wanted to see if it would correct itself.. What happened doesn't make sense to me.. It added 55 games.. However, it did not add Double Dribble (USA).zip?? Any help is appreciated.. Thanks

DOS76 said To fix your issue with the game for Double Dribble rev a right click it select edit and then in the edit form go to the path and change it to the game you have and that should fix the issue with that.
Thanks.. Yea, I know I can do that.. But that's a PITA.. Sure, it's a fix for this.. But what happens when I have 100 possible (or more, or less, who knows) games that have this issue.. I don't want to be going through and manually fixing..

Yeah not everything is automated yet and sometimes you have to put in the work to get it how you want it and it definitely is PITA but until the solutions are built these are what we have available. I've over time found it is best to go into file explorer and remove all the games I'm not going to want before importing and that they are easier to deal with there than after you get them into LB but that's just how I do it.

before I attempt to assist with this question what are the rules about links

I have a way for you to reduce the size of the library, audit the roms keep the ones you want and I even wrote a batch file that will leave you with nothing but NTSC nes roms to import

but you will need some stuff from the net, and I do not want to violate any rules about posting links

I am attempting to write batches for nes, snes, sms, sgen, ps1 ps2 ps3 etc. but my nes one is the only one that is complete (for all US versions).

its very raw and no options but will leave you with all known good USA/NTSC nes roms properly labeled files with revisions

On 8/8/2016 at 9:35 PM, kmccb23 said:
DOS76 said To fix your issue with the game for Double Dribble rev a right click it select edit and then in the edit form go to the path and change it to the game you have and that should fix the issue with that.

Thanks.. Yea, I know I can do that.. But that's a PITA.. Sure, it's a fix for this.. But what happens when I have 100 possible (or more, or less, who knows) games that have this issue.. I don't want to be going through and manually fixing..

Why not just delete them all from your LB library and re-import with all of the files that you actually have now. You shouldn't have to edit anything if you do that. You'll still have all your art and media from the last time.

11 minutes ago, GamingOldGuy said:

before I attempt to assist with this question what are the rules about links

I have a way for you to reduce the size of the library, audit the roms keep the ones you want and I even wrote a batch file that will leave you with nothing but NTSC nes roms to import

but you will need some stuff from the net, and I do not want to violate any rules about posting links

I am attempting to write batches for nes, snes, sms, sgen, ps1 ps2 ps3 etc. but my nes one is the only one that is complete (for all US versions).

its very raw and no options but will leave you with all known good USA/NTSC nes roms properly labeled files with revisions

There are other user-made programs/batches available on the forums, that's not against the rules - just no linking to actual rom files.

@kmccb23 if you want I created a clrMAMEpro .dat that will go through your roms and sort out and LaunchBox name the files for the 677 US region-ed games for the NES. I used all the highest revisions for single entry on the duplicates so you get the most current version and only one game entry. Just let me know if this is of interest to you. Also sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I decided that you using my bat files might be confusing, since I made them I know what they are suppose to do. So I created this for you instead.

Edited by GamingOldGuy