LaunchBox Community Forums

SSF auto-mount/unmount with Xpadder command lines

bujinkanrn

Windows 10 and Daemon Tools don't play well together.

If you have a decent CPU like an i5 Skylake CPU running around 3.4 GHz or better or an AMD CPU running close to 4 GHz you might want to look into using either Retroarch and the Beetle / Mednafen Saturn core or the stand alone version of Mednafen. It's a better emulator and you don't have to muck about with mounting disk images. The one drawback besides the extra CPU requirements is that it does require proper disk image dumps, SSF is much more forgiving on crappy disk dumps.

I figured it out! For anyone wondering... The command-line arguments must be passed to the executable DTagent.exe instead of DTlite.exe . Originally I got it working with a combination of bujinkanrn's idea of associating the file types and the batch file Lordmonkus suggested ... I just ran %game% by itself which, because Daemon tools was associated with those file types it mounted it on it's own. Here is that code:

set game=%1%

set emu="C:\** type emulator file path here**\SSF.exe"

%game%

%emu%

exit

It worked.. but It just didn't feel right. It was sloppy and I wanted to figure out what was wrong. I read through Daemon Tools help page and I realized one small mistake, they were suggesting a different .exe Once I changed that it worked AND it looked clean. Here is the final version...

set game=%1%

set daemon="C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTagent.exe"

set emu="C:\**type emulator File path here**\SSF.exe"

%daemon% -mount scsi, R, %game%

%emu%

%daemon% -remove R

exit

The only improvement I can think of is if there is a way to launch SSF AND close the command line window simultanously instead of the comman line window closing AFTER closing SSF. Any ideas here?

• Like 1

Oh and I forgot to mention this will help with Yabause too. Yabause doesn't like bin/cue image files BUT if you mount them to a virtual drive then it will read them just fine. Just change the file path to yabause (set emu="C:\file path to Yabause instead of SSF") and continue on from there. If anyone has any questions I will try to help!

P.S. A new version of Yabause just dropped today so check it out!

6 minutes ago, HellfireEternal said:

It's funny you mention that... I had loaded a .bin earlier and it worked but I was having some graphical errors so I just thought it was bad practice to load .bin when there are multiple ones... Maybe the errors were completely unrelated :$

Yabause is the most buggy of the 3 Saturn emulators so it might just be that game with the emulator.

5 minutes ago, HellfireEternal said:

The only improvement I can think of is if there is a way to launch SSF AND close the command line window simultanously instead of the comman line window closing AFTER closing SSF. Any ideas here?

Try putting this at the beginning of your bat file:

@echo off 

Not sure if it will hide the command prompt or not but I think that is what it does. I'm not enough of an expert on these things, I just know enough to muck my way through things at times and get in trouble lol.

2 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Yabause is the most buggy of the 3 Saturn emulators so it might just be that game with the emulator.

Try putting this at the beginning of your bat file:

@echo off 

Not sure if it will hide the command prompt or not but I think that is what it does. I'm not enough of an expert on these things, I just know enough to muck my way through things at times and get in trouble lol.

Sort of... Now I just have a black box with no words that won't leave when it's supposed to! :D This is my first time experimenting with .bat files. Its been fun so far. As always thanks for the help! 

I figured it out.. I used a program called .bat to .exe http://www.f2ko.de/de/b2e.php . I converts the .bat to an .exe and then it wont display any window but SSF (make sure to choose the option to make it invisible on the panel on the right of the program). Probably not worth the effort for most folks but it's there if you want it!