LaunchBox Community Forums

how do i install wii games from wbfs?

carldell

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dragged them in from my file manager and followed the Launchbox import process from there.

I don't know if this would make a difference or not but I don't use the file manager built into Windows, I use a program called 2xExplorer and have done so for many years. Though I cannot for the life of me see how that would matter but maybe there is something to the .wbfs extension than the Windows file manager hates for some strange reason.

You need to extract them via WBFS manager. There's obviously a way to do this for the .WBFS files themselves (not just converting to iso) because people use individual WBFS files in Windows in association with Dolphin. The specific instructions for doing that isn't something I can help with because I've never used the manager. It's not something you'd be doing though LB - it's with the manager.

4 hours ago, Pietro said:

Bro, when I first install LB, to use the wii games I only configured LB to open Dolphin and everything then was automatic

You made the same mistake I did when I jumped in to this thread ;)

He's trying to get games off of a hard drive he has hooked up to the Wii and that hard drive is formatted using the file system WBFS and Windows doesn't like to recognize and read it.