LaunchBox Community Forums

Clear Logo Requests

SirCamel

10 hours ago, Cavey said:

b1e8862f-9a51-4d73-930e-04b2b6809dfe.jpg

If helps, i have this one with maybe i think have "better colors" if anyone can make the corrections and fix, please use and send here with corrections ^^ because the scan from Cavey have a better quality and its more sharp!

image.thumb.jpeg.2dd2ea28526d3408f68cb196c928fe6e.jpeg

• Like 1

Are you basing that on actually having access to the original box or on other images on the Internet? Because here is my box and the cover is way more saturated and yes the characters all look very suntanned/orangey, If anything it looks slightly less saturated on the photo because I can't be bothered talking the cover back out from under the plastic.

PXL_20240711_1839155742.thumb.jpg.a79c074bc4af7b1b6ab067a4123ed0e7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cavey said:

Are you basing that on actually having access to the original box or on other images on the Internet? Because here is my box and the cover is way more saturated and yes the characters all look very suntanned/orangey, If anything it looks slightly less saturated on the photo because I can't be bothered talking the cover back out from under the plastic.

PXL_20240711_1839155742.thumb.jpg.a79c074bc4af7b1b6ab067a4123ed0e7.jpg

YES basing images on the Internet, i dont know if this right, just "for me" the colors have a better apareance, but if this wrong we got the original saturated with the characters very suntanned/orangey ^^ We prefer ORIGINAL ever 😉
I don't know why these and other details were lost in your Scan:
image.thumb.jpeg.50dcf5934abbac6fb0bde3388a104495.jpeg

Perhaps it was some post-processing or some filter or editing in Photoshop that darkened the image, for me it's a mystery, but yours has a higher resolution and is certainly sharper. It was these "lost" details that made me think that the colors might not be correct but I don't have the original cover to be sure. Could someone who understands more about color and saturation solve the mystery?

Edited by gamesmame
  • Like 1

I see what you mean. The difference in detail is probably more down to the fact I don't have a particularly good scanner and I also haven't spent much time using it - you can see on my photo that the colours are similar (definitely slightly too saturated, but that other image is too washed out) - but that you can in fact see those details that are lost in my scan. If you have access to higher resolution scans, then please upload them, because I can then spend my time updating covers that have very poor/no images available instead. I have hundreds of games and would rather not risk the covers for marginal/no gain.

A clear logo from either of them would make me happy because it's going to be shrunk down and used in a front end either way :)

I'm starting to wonder if part of it is not a quality control issue, because the manual and the poster inside the box all have the same image and they're all completely different colours. The manual is closer to your image and the poster is somewhere in between.Here is what I mean...

:PXL_20240712_030509238.thumb.jpg.13984e2f5c42e520a7bb9aaecbe89e61.jpg

I just noticed that your image is AI upscaled which might be helping it in some areas. Take a look at the TGL logo in the top right corner at it's full resolution - it's a bunch of squiggles that can't be read instead of saying Technical Group Laboratory. It's also made the top Kanji illegible on the CD announcement at the top left.

I don't wish to derail this awesome thread anymore. I'm honestly happy with whatever I get. All of you guys deserve an award for making all these logos and expecting nothing in return. If anyone wants to discuss anything outside of the logos, then I am always happy to receive private messages.

Edited by Cavey
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Cavey said:

Friend Cavey, don't worry about the colors of the scans or anything else, please continue, the scans are great and with very good resolution quality, if any color or artifact appears later we fix it in photoshop, as for high resolution scans I didn't have, i found only this one and yes the upscale was used so I always emphasize that the quality of the resolution you have sent is very good, and reinforcement please continue the community thanks, hugs and let's continue the work of the clean logos aways for LOVE!!! 😉

• Thanks 1

12a2e354-f0af-4eae-886a-de479ffd767e.jpg

e025ecd6-36ba-42b8-9ea4-a998aa5167da.jpg

47c3568b-e228-45d0-a153-a039afefcd64.jpg

Metal Eye is on the PC-9801, Fujitsu FM-Towns and Sharp x68000 all with the same logo.

6a6e782a-e6b6-4a4f-af6c-86e3023e06f5.jpg

Ougon no Rashinban: Shouyou Maru San Francisco Kouro Satsujin Jiken is on the PC-9801, Fujitsu FM-Towns and Sharp x68000 all with the same logo.

Thanks again for pretty-ing up the old Japanese computer platforms

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cavey said:

6a6e782a-e6b6-4a4f-af6c-86e3023e06f5.jpg

Ougon no Rashinban: Shouyou Maru San Francisco Kouro Satsujin Jiken is on the PC-9801, Fujitsu FM-Towns and Sharp x68000 all with the same logo.

Thanks again for pretty-ing up the old Japanese computer platforms

image.thumb.png.0ee3e3b6d343f7796da0119a69cd7939.png

• Thanks 2
  • Unusual Gem 4