LaunchBox Community Forums

About command line options in emulators

scatsy

The question, of course, is whether this additional accuracy can be felt in any way. 
I mean, I own about 140 NES games. Some of them Japanese imports (like Crisis Force) and I've never had any problems playing them on an emulator. And they always looked and sounded exactly like when I use my real NES. 

I honestly think that using a less accurate emulator that delivers adequate speed is preferable to using a more accurate one that doesn't suffers from lag and whatnot. 

Yeah it depends on what your hardware can run and just how accurate you care to be. For me I have the hardware to run very accurate emulators so why not do it and make sure I am getting the best possible experience. On my PSP and lower powered laptop I obviously have to make sacrifices but I am fine with that too.

I also am willing to sacrifice some accuracy for certain features. For example I could use Higan v100 but I would rather use Retroarch and bSnes Accuracy for the shaders. It all comes down to hardware capabilities and features you want / need in your emulators.

• 1 year later...