LaunchBox Community Forums

Plex Integration?

dmjohn0x

I'm a big time Plex guy and my Plex server is massive so until LB can handle the data it wouldn't be an option to leave plus Plex plus my brothers and cousins would be chasing me down if I cut off their streaming privileges by moving. LB really couldn't replace Plex for me I would like to see Plex integrate gaming frontends into Plex some how like Kodi does but I'm not holding my breathe that the Plex guys will get around to that.

Different wants.  For my needs, im just wanting a modular front end on a 5-6 tb drive that basically becomes an all-in-one media front end. Unlike most people. im not interested in having every game for every console. just my favs/rpgs/shmups for each and then the several movies/tv series i really enjoy or am currently watching.

I would think just having a scraper for IMDB and THETVDB would be nice for basic usage. Set a video player as an emulator and drag your movies and TV shows in. You can already do this but the meta data you have to gather and input manually but having a scraper for it would be a nice little feature. I even put in a feature request on the github page for it. I don't know how much work it would be to implement this however.

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/1494/scraper-for-imdb-and-thetvdb

It would really take more than just a scrapper for TV for movies a scrapper would handle 1 movie one file for a TV series if you say had MASH or something that ran long with 20 episodes a season it would take forever to scroll through the list (I have close to 600 TV series in Plex). So while I would love to see other media added without the proper changes to the program to allow a folder like structure ie 1 box for Continuum and when you click that it show you subfolder with all the season which in turn hold all the episodes without that I wouldn't switch. Also if they add scrappers I say ComicVine is included to I know they have an API and if the consideration was given to TV that I mentioned then LB would be insane for managing your digital comics.

Oh I agree the for large collections and especially for TV shows with multiple seasons it could get very unwieldy. It also wouldn't become a replacement for Plex or Kodi at all but I think just having for people who just want to have a small collection it would be nice.

And of course I would only want to see it if it wasn't too much of a big deal to implement it, I wouldn't want to see other much more needed features pushed back for it.

• Like 1