LaunchBox Community Forums

Regarding Coverflow with Details View

Zsolan

Hi everyone.

Within the Coverflow with Details View, on the screen it displays the following:

Title in top left

Details in top middle

Video in top left

Flow of games along bottom

Is there a way to replace the 'details in top middle' with the game outline that explains what the game is about?  I don't need the details listed, but would love to read a game overview.

Thanks!

Hi Zsolan, it’s possible but you’ll need to create a new custom theme in order to change this:

1.      Go into the “Themes” folder inside your LaunchBox installation.

2.       Create a copy of the “Default” folder and name it as you want. Make sure that the new folder is inside the “Themes” folder as well

3.       Navigate into that copied folder, then into the “Views” folder and open the “TwoColumnGameDetailsView.xaml” with any text editor.

4.       Search for the line

TextBlock Name="Details" Text="{Binding Path=Details}" FontFamily="Calibri" Foreground="White" TextWrapping="Wrap" TextTrimming="CharacterEllipsis"

5.       Change “Binding Path=Details” into “Binding Path=Notes” and save the file

6.       Now open BigBox, go to the options and change the view into your new one. Done :)

If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

• Like 1

@CriticalCid  Thank you for making that so easy.  I've created a theme and voila, instantly what i'm looking for. 

@Jason Carr  I continue to be impressed by the flexibility of this system of yours.  Hats off to you and your team, this software and community is top-notch!  I know for sure that this multi-faceted front-end absolutely meets my needs.  Thank you!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well I wanted to see the notes, so I altered it this way, which works:

<StackPanel Grid.Row="0">
                <!--<TextBlock Name="Details" Text="{Binding Path=Details}" FontFamily="Calibri" Foreground="White" TextWrapping="Wrap" TextTrimming="CharacterEllipsis" />-->
                <TextBlock Name="Details2" FontSize="20" Text="{Binding Path=Notes}" FontFamily="Calibri" Foreground="White" TextWrapping="Wrap" TextTrimming="CharacterEllipsis" />
            </StackPanel>

But now i heard it is possible to set the fields to automatic scrolling in the new version, how do i do that in this case..? 

Edited by Eirulan