LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox not showing my latest additions?

crimsonnight

I'm running the latest beta. I've just added my latest Steam games but they're not showing up anywhere, is there a way to refresh a certain platform? I've tried the import Steam games option again but they're not featured on the list so they're definitely in my database. I've also tried closing and reopening the program.

maybe this issue is similar to the issue i keep hitting where i have all my games in MAME platform but sometimes (maybe after recscraping for images) it divides them up between MAME and ARCADE!! only way i knew of to fix was to just copy all the images from the unexpected platform images folder to the expected on and then mass edit the ones in arcade to really be in mame again. so now i'm always afraid to rescrape for images when it comes to my mame games :D

i also recently created a new platform called "Tools" and put two apps in there (one to kill Xpadder and one to start it back up).

If I edit these two items they indeed show platform Tools but they only appear in Bigbox inside "Windows" so now I have a Windows with actual windows games and another duplicate Windows platform with these two tools. But inside regualr LB, they appear properly in the platforms list. Odd.

Sounds like this confusion is all just because the platform names are sometimes changing when downloading metadata updates. If you use custom platform names, be sure not to overwrite metadata in the update wizard. Currently, when changing platforms, media does not move to the new folders, so unfortunately @crimsonnight it's just a matter of moving the media (images and videos) from the old folders to the new folders. I plan to fix both of these issues very soon.

17 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Sounds like this confusion is all just because the platform names are sometimes changing when downloading metadata updates. If you use custom platform names, be sure not to overwrite metadata in the update wizard. Currently, when changing platforms, media does not move to the new folders, so unfortunately @crimsonnight it's just a matter of moving the media (images and videos) from the old folders to the new folders. I plan to fix both of these issues very soon.

Thanks Jason, I seem to have some images back but not others. All titles seem to be missing their metadata too. Is there an easy fix for these two issues? Can I just delete them all and re-add them? If I do that, how can I ensure they're assigned to the 'PC' platform?

Thanks,

40 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

If you use custom platform names, be sure not to overwrite metadata in the update wizard.

Thanks Jason, I'm pretty sure that's what I chose because I simply didn't know which selection would be best.

I'll remember that. Currently I fear the "Download Metadata and Images" wizard !! I dare not go there. Hahahahaha.  :D

I'm not sure what the best option is in the wizard if I have lots of images and videos already but want to add some more for new games or I simply check more image types to download. Which setting is safe in this case?

Seriously, little things like this are not a big deal to me (especially since there are ways to fix it) and I'm overly impressed by forum responses. I'd rather see you focus time on making emulators and imports as easy as possible for all types of users. I'm feeling massive controller/keyboard/x-arcade pain all over the place, but I don't know if there is much you can do on the LB side.

This has got to be the best 20 bucks I have ever spent!

• Like 2

On 03/09/2016 at 10:42 PM, Jason Carr said:

Thank you @ckp! The top or middle items should be safe to use, just avoid the bottom "replace all metadata and images" option.

Thanks Jason, I have tried that though and it's definitely not picking up all the data anymore (even when ticking the inc. wikipedia option). Virtually all the fields are empty on most of the games that were previously filled, and big games such as Ark are missing their artwork: 00c5dbef9a.png (spec ops is where the 'Windows' games ends)

Also, is there a way to add a wildcard to custom filter fields? For example, if you want a filter for all 'Cooperative' (genre) 'PC' games that includes games that have multiple genres (as long as 'Cooperative' is one of them)? Thanks!

Edited by crimsonnight