LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues with MAME

Charco

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I've come back to this after configuring all my other systems and updating LaunchBox to 6.9 stable and the issue persists. I will try MAME standalone as the default emulator for the platform next.

Also, when I imported all my MAME roms, it has included all clones and displays them with the rom zip file name in both LaunchBox and BigBox. Obviously, I don't want this and thought I had chosen to import and hide clones.

Is it possible to do this now from the GUI? The LaunchBox Games DB obviously has no clear logos for these files and navigating through 20,000 games is not going to work in a logo wheel.

Edited by Charco

@CharcoI suggest deleting the games from LB and reimporting them if you checked the box to not include clones and still got them that is something I've never had happen or heard of happening so I suggest trying it again and seeing if you get better results if not then possibly there is a new bug with the MAME importer that no one is aware of yet.

Yeah that will work if you have the option to allow LB to delete your ROMs turned on I believe you will be prompted so you shouldn't have to worry about that (I personally don't allow LB to manage my directories so its a non issue for me). I suggest backing up 1st in case you aren't satisfied with the results.

No, I don't allow LaunchBox to delete roms, I guess it just deletes them from LaunchBox as a platform or whatever. I guess I don't need to re-scrape all my data as I see some flyers and clear logos appeared, maybe some videos too. I am not sure as I gave up on MAME after being a bit disgusted it didn't work after a night of importing :)

Okay I had already started editing my one post and I just finished up there so the screen shots are now up a few posts for the third image with the red ink on it that is my preference and you can really choose whatever you want for that option. If you are using RL you will have to change a few names around afterwards

I figured something out, I am choosing RetroArch as my emulator instead of MAME and when I do this I am not presented with the final screen you have above.

MAMEOptions.JPG

I cancelled the import and will install MAME standalone now.

Edited by Charco