LaunchBox Community Forums

Check for new media?

Zaazu

• 3 years later...
On 9/15/2016 at 6:19 PM, Jason Carr said:

Hi @Zaazu, indeed. Just reimport your ROM files and any existing games will be ignored and not reimported. We do have a better solution for this coming. :)

Yeah it would be great if you had an option to check for NEW media for games that have already been added to Launchbox and media was added later after you added the game.

I have about a gazillion Steam games that movies and such were added later after I added the game to launchbox.   let me tell you it is a major pain in the butt going through well over a thousand games and having to do it all manually.

6 minutes ago, PsiSoldier said:

Yeah it would be great if you had an option to check for NEW media for games that have already been added to Launchbox and media was added later after you added the game.

I have about a gazillion Steam games that movies and such were added later after I added the game to launchbox.   let me tell you it is a major pain in the butt going through well over a thousand games and having to do it all manually.

You have been able to do that for a long long time.

Ok... How?   Would be really great if it was an option like.   Tools> Search New Media

or something simple.     But maybe I'm just blind     Unless you fixed the Tools>Download Metadata and Media

Because last time I used that I ended up with an absolute CRAP TON of duplicate files.  It was a nightmare

Edit:   Looks like you have fixed that.   Since I now have the option not to download duplicates.   Thank God.

Edited by PsiSoldier

4 minutes ago, PsiSoldier said:

Would be really great if it was an option like.   Tools> Search New Media

It is, high lite the games in a platform by clicking on one then CTRL A to high lite them all. Then just go to tools/Download Metadata and Media, choose your media and pick the middle option to not overwrite existing media.

It appears to be working fine now with the Download Metadata and Media

But I would still recommend adding an option under tools for Search New Media and Metadata that defaults to not overwriting existing files.

It might have been my fault to begin with if that option not to overwrite existing media has been there for a long time. But believe me after that happened I was afraid to touch that one again.  On the other hand if that option was NOT there then I'm glad for it now.

2 hours ago, PsiSoldier said:

It appears to be working fine now with the Download Metadata and Media

But I would still recommend adding an option under tools for Search New Media and Metadata that defaults to not overwriting existing files.

It might have been my fault to begin with if that option not to overwrite existing media has been there for a long time. But believe me after that happened I was afraid to touch that one again.  On the other hand if that option was NOT there then I'm glad for it now.

The three options in that bulk media download feature have been there since it was added. Well at least for the past 3 years I have used the program.