LaunchBox Community Forums

New version?

ckp

Version 6.9 - Released September 16, 2016

- New Premium Feature: LaunchBox and Big Box now have voice recognition! Enable it in LaunchBox under Tools > Options > General > Voice Recognition.

- New Premium Feature: Attract Mode is now available for Big Box! Enable it under Options > Attract Mode in Big Box. Sit back and watch your collection shine. :)

- New Premium Feature: Game notes and details as well as platforms and filters details are now scrollable in Big Box! Options to enable or disable these are located in the Game Details, Filter Details, and Platform Details sections of the Big Box options

- New Premium Feature: You can now prioritize regions for images under Tools > Options > Images > Region Priorities

- New Feature: LaunchBox and Big Box now support LEDBlinky! Just set the path to LEDBlinky in the LaunchBox General options.

- Improvement: If a game's region is set, images for that region will be prioritized

- Improvement: It is now possible to put command-line options after the ROM name when launching emulators by using the %romfile% variable in the command-line parameters

- Improvement: Imports for non-MAME platforms with obscure ROM file names should now receive proper game titles (force MAME metadata should no longer be used for non-MAME platforms)

- Improvement: All fields on games and platforms are now directly accessible in Big Box custom themes with {Binding Path=SelectedGame.PropertyName} or {Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.PropertyName}

- Improvement: Documentation is now available for custom themes; see the Documentation.pdf file in the LaunchBox\Themes folder

- Improvement: Saving operations in Big Box have been optimized to always happen in the background and not delay the app (most notably when leaving the Options screen)

- Improvement: Multi-disc imports now recognize the formats "Game - Disc 1", "Game - Disk 1", "Game - Disc 1 of 2", and "Game - Disk 1 of 2"

- Improvement: Coverflow in Big Box now loops

- Fixed: Many additional fixes have been applied for the VLC video playback engine in Big Box

- Fixed: The LaunchBox and Big Box automatic updaters have been fixed so that they no longer prompt you to close them in the setup

- Fixed: When importing multiple discs and copying files, subsequent discs were not being copied

- Fixed: The back button in Big Box no longer bypasses the playing game popup

- Fixed: Custom theme errors in Big Box were not properly reverting back to the default theme

- Fixed: Using folder names for imports with a period in the folder name was causing naming issues

- Fixed: Viewing videos fullscreen in Big Box was always using the Windows Media Player engine even if VLC was selected

- Fixed: The System and Options views in Big Box were not properly refreshing after changing themes

- Fixed: Several issues with the LaunchBox zip package exporter were introduced in recent versions

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

- Fixed: The LaunchBox and Big Box automatic updaters have been fixed so that they no longer prompt you to close them in the setup

Just got this popup upgrading from 6.8. However, I waited some time to see if launchbox.exe would close on its own and it eventually did.

Then I clicked OK to continue. Then I got a UAC prompt asking me to allow dxsetup.exe to make changes, I allowed it, and the install finished fine.

Looking forward to trying this version!

2 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

- Improvement: Saving operations in Big Box have been optimized to always happen in the background and not delay the app (most notably when leaving the Options screen)

Unfortunately, going from Options back to the platform list still takes a long time for me in BB, even if I don't make a single change.