LaunchBox Community Forums

CPS1, CPS2, CPS3 - One Emulator to Rule them All?

Saraph

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What would be the best core? I see the FBA cores and MAME, a combination perhaps? Would you know the file names to the bios files?

I think what I'm mainly missing here are the bios files, tbh. I can get the MAME core to launch but it is always getting stuck at initializing or loading at some random percent, but mainly 99%.

FBA is better than the Mame core. The core I use is fbalpha_libretro.dll, which one that is exactly in the core updater I can't remember.

The bios files would be neogeo.zip and qsound.zip.

Also just using the standard stand alone Mame is an equally good choice and in some ways better. The way I think it is better is with Mame I can use an HLSL shader setup which works perfectly with both horizontal and vertical oriented games whereas in Retroarch if you are using some sort of CRT scanline type of shader they only work well for the horizontal games. Now if you aren't using a CRT scanline shader that won't matter.

• 1 year later...

hello guys once again i need your help lordmonuks and everyone else if they happen to know!! Im super satisifed with how easy it was to make lists with cps1 ,2 and 3 compare it to neo geo where its just impossible. 

But only prob is that when i boot game controler doest working or i dont know witch button to press for insert coin can somone tell me how to map my controler thorugh retroarch but only for the cps systems thx in advance!!!!

With the core and a game loaded open up the Retroarch Quick Menu (F1) then go to Settings > Input > Input User 1 Binds > User 1 Device Index and make sure your controller you want to use with it is selected. It usually is by default but sometimes it may not be and if you have multiple controllers you may have to tell Retroarch which one you want to use. Also while in the Retroarch UI see if your controller is working in it, if it is then you are good to go.

Once your controller is selected and working in the UI navigate back to the Quick Menu > Controls section and here you can setup your bindings how you like them. The default settings are generally setup pretty good depending on the controller you are using, in this menu you can see what the default controls are set to, for example Insert Coin and Start are generally by default set to the Select and Start buttons on your controller but again of course these can vary depending on the controller you are using.

If you make any changes make sure to save out the changes as a Core Remap if you want that setup to be the default setup for the FBA core or if it's just for that game save a Game Remap. I generally have different remaps for the 6 button fighters like Street Fighter.

Do the games that crash through Launchbox load in Retroarch outside of Launchbox ? It could either be a rom file that the emulator doesn't like or when you imported your games you selected the copy or move file when you should choose to use the files in their current location. Moving or copying will cause issues with arcade roms because of their requirement to have parent and bios rom files in the same folder as the game rom itself such as the qsound.zip and neogeo.zip files.

Games crashing after some play time is extremely weird and to me that indicates and issue with your computer rather than the emulator or rom.

i never move the files or unzipe them either i gues its the rom files that launchox and retroarch doesnt like i had to delete some and keep going cause they dont play at all :( but the best ones are playing lets hope all sf games will launch they are my favorite the rom packs i found where from emuparadise do you think it might be the site , maybe i shoud download from isozone or somth else thx !!