LaunchBox Community Forums

All Killer No Filler Mame Rom Copy

All Killer No Filler Mame Rom Copy

View File

These bat files will copy all the roms and bios files from a split rom set as of Mame v.170 rom set. Using this on a rom set not 170 you may have missing roms so use with care if your set is different.

First off I did not create this at all, I am merely packaging this into one file for easy download and distribution. I got these files from http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149708.msg1563036.html#msg1563036 and they were created by the user BadMouth and he deserves all the credit for these files and the work put into them.

In this package you will find bat files and txt files of the same name, these are exactly the same files but with different extentions. Open the txt files if you wish to view exactly what the bat files are going to do.

To use these files simply copy the bat files into your Mame rom folder and run each bat file. Each bat file will then create a folder with a name matching the bat file and copy the roms from your Mame roms into the corresponding folder for easy organization. It does not move your files so you will still have an intact full Mame rom set.

If you do not wish to have separate folders simply use the _NoFiller.bat to copy them all in one shot into a folder created by the bat file.

630 games including those commented out.  The batch file may contain more than this since I included multiple versions of a few games so the user could pick which works best for them.  (2 or 4 player version, Budweiser Tapper or Root Beer Tapper, etc)

I'm using split sets, these numbers may vary depending on type of set and compression method.

CMD NoFiller.JPGI put the no filler .bat in my ROMs folder and ran it it says the system can not find the file specified for every game and it never makes the folder I tracked down the 1st few game and I do have them so I don't know what the issue is.

EDIT Tested it with the classichor.bat and same results I'm on the 174 split ROM set

Edited by DOS76
  • Like 1

Ok I will test it out a little later. I will admit I never tested it since I already had a set of roms I wanted pulled out already.

I tested with the _NoFiller.bat file and it worked just fine for me. I Notice in your screen shot yours is in the C:\Windows folder which seems rather odd. Here is a scrrenshot of mine working.

romcopy.jpg

That is odd because the drive I'm using is a network drive I tried running from my main PC and through my server but the results were the same and it isn't located on either computers C: drive

Its located at \\WHS2011\Emulators\Arcade\MAME174\ROMs on client and locally its X:\ServerFolders\Emulators\...

Edited by DOS76

Yeah on another PC I noticed I had the drive mapped Z:\ROMs which works it was probably the \\WHS2011 computer name that was messing it up don't know why it didn't work from the server itself though but now that I have 1 copy I have infinite copies so thanks for this I'm probably going to pull out a set for all of these bats I'm surprised there isn't a racing.bat

Edited by DOS76

• 2 months later...

I was just looking at this list and while I agree there are mostly all the great games out there and everybody has an opinion. I have not looked through the entire list but I cannot believe the creator did not include Mortal Kombat 1 and a few other games I noticed. I know MK II is better than MK1 but by no way does it deserve not to be on this list. I can remember wasting so many quarters on that game growing up. I was thinking about using the all killer no filler list but are having 2nd thoughts because if that game was left off what else is. I will still maybe use it and just add some more games manually that I think should be on the list.

The list was compiled by consensus by the people over at http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149708.0.html?PHPSESSID=o0r0rvie2qgntcd9qdr34ik0r6

Here is the fighting game discussion which decided the final fighting game list http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149619.0.html

This list is a great starter list and is not too much effort to either add to or trim down further for personal needs compared to trying to use a full list. I used it for my HTPC build and worked great so far.