LaunchBox Community Forums

SimplyHD

Sithel

SimplyHD

View File

Hello everyone!

I created this simple HD theme titled SimplyHD. There is a single platform view and games wheel view. I know this works with a 1920x1080 resolution but I'm not really sure on any other resolution. I've tried with other resolutions and the text doesn't scale right for whatever reason. I'm new at learning all this .xaml stuff. :) 

If you are running 1920x1080 resolution and have weird text scaling issues where text is to big and outside the box. Check your Windows display settings for text size and make sure it's set to 100%

To start it off, here is a few options I recommend setting inside BigBox.

• Options - Keyboard Mappings - Map Switch View to a key
  • Options - Platform Details - Check 6 boxes. The Platform Details will show 6 I recommend checking (Default Emulator, Total Games, Games Completed, Last Played, Play Count, and Most Played)
  • Options - Transitions - Filter Games Boxes Transition: Slide Horizonal
  • Options - Videos - Check Use Game Background Videos and  Check Use Platform Background Videos
  • Options - Views - Games List View: Vertical Clear Logo Wheel
  • Options Views - Platforms List View: Platforms Wheel with Image, Video, and Thumbs
  • Options - Views - UnCheck - Show Filters Favorite Games
  • Options - Images - UnCheck - Show Clear Logos in Games Details
  • Option - Game Menu - UnCheck - Show Game Menu Title

I also recommend using Viking's Platform Logo's found here:

You can change the colors of the theme by renaming the Default folder, which is in your theme directory.  ...\LaunchBox\Themes\SimplyHD\Images\Default

There is a total of 9 different colors. To rename I recommend exiting BigBox and rename Default to whatever. Example "-Default". Then rename the color you want to Default. Example rename the Blue folder to Default, then restart BigBox.

Here is a few examples of the colors, Dark Red, Blue, and Green.

dark red example.pngblue example.pnggreen_example.png

Below is a a few screenshots showing some of the features on the platform and games view.

Opacity can be changed to your liking via editing the .xaml file

PlatformWheelImageVideoThumbsFiltersView.xaml (Opacity settings start at line 79) They are in decimal and range from 0-1 (0.65 is default, which is 65%)

WheelGamesView.xaml (Opacity settings start at line 79) They are in decimal and range from 0-1 (0.65 is default, which is 65%)

platform info explained.png

games info explained.png

Text Games view added

Text Games preview.png

Edited by Sithel
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Panthon13 said:

If you don't mind me asking, what videos are you using in the example screenshots for your platforms?

This is a wonderful theme.

They are the Hyperspin Cinematic videos. You have to be a platinum member there to get access to them.

• Like 1

Hi guys I'm desperate to have this theme ha ha.... Looks brilliant. I have installed it in the themes folder and selected it in big box but nothing seems to change am I doing something wrong.  Could it be my screen resolutions etc. If so can I change them?

many thanks Wayne 

When you extract it the folder needs to be the name of the theme inside the them folder. So themes / SimplyHD / then inside this folder is sub directory of folders. Make sure your not extracting double so it don't read SimplyHD / SimplyHD /... That would be wrong. If this isn't the issue then go into your key mapping options and map a key to switch views. Then press that key to switch the view. I believe these the only 2 possible causes and nothing to do with the resolution. The resolution issue will only cause the text and opacity windows look out of place. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what is possible as far as what you can theme, but I think it would be really cool to see the "Game Details" page (the one where you select a game and it offers you options such as "Play" or "Favorite") incorporated into the theme. I myself have it disabled on initial click, but I have the page set to come up through a binding on my controller. I think that it kinda breaks away from the theme since it's just a blurred opaque screen.

I feel like this theme is the best one offered so far and shows great promise.

sorry may I ask where to get the themes for the platforms please. so I now have the updated wheel on the left when selecting what platform. but on the right there is a video of a random game for that platform I would love to do what you have and have the themes for these if you don't mind helping or poining me towards how I can set this up.... cheers

3 minutes ago, dwib82 said:

would you be kind enough to tell me where I need to place these files please? thanks

Platform videos go in your launchbox directory / videos / platforms folder, and make sure the video is the same name as the platform. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Panthon13 said:

I'm not sure what is possible as far as what you can theme, but I think it would be really cool to see the "Game Details" page (the one where you select a game and it offers you options such as "Play" or "Favorite") incorporated into the theme. I myself have it disabled on initial click, but I have the page set to come up through a binding on my controller. I think that it kinda breaks away from the theme since it's just a blurred opaque screen.

I feel like this theme is the best one offered so far and shows great promise.

I thought about this as well. I'll make that section so everything matches the platform and games theme. 

• Like 3

Updated to a new version and added the Text Game Details view to match the theme. Few things I'm aware of.

1) The system platform text is temporary until Jason adds the feature to support platform images in that view.At least I thought I remember him talking about it because I don't see a entry for SelectedGame.PlatformLogoImagePath

2) I asked on how to add the Ratings images as well because I don't see any info on how to add that.

I listed this above but here are the options that need to be set too

• Options - Images - UnCheck - Show Clear Logos in Games Details
  • Option - Game Menu - UnCheck - Show Game Menu Title

As you will find out in bigbox in this view or in the screenshot below. It shows "Play" and "Stop Video". That is just what's visible, you can still scroll down through all the options and even still flip the front image box if you have both front and back.

Enjoy! Text Games preview.png

Edited by Sithel
  • Like 2