LaunchBox Community Forums

Per system themes?

damageinc86

Is there currently any way to do per system/platform themes?  I notice all the themes so far have been global themes.  Wondering if that is just a preference of everyone who has made themes, or if it is because you can't  make a theme that changes to a different look once it is in the game view of a platform?

Guest Kirsten Marie

Hi there damage! That feature is coming, but is not completely supported yet.  You can switch things up, but can't use completely separate themes per platforms! It is coming though! :) 

On 10/15/2016 at 2:47 PM, damageinc86 said:

Nice!  glad to hear it is on the way.  I like the global metallic theme for example, but then when you go into the system itself and run through the games list, it's just a black background.  Would be nice to have some system stuff in there, background, etc. stuff like that.  Thanks!

I imagine something like a tetris block background for the gameboy or a sonic the hedgehog greenhill zone background for genesis the possibilities are endless, really.  The big box themes we have came up with are great but, limited, It's sad how few themes are on big box when there could me much, much, much more options. :'( 

Metallic is by far my favorite i even contributed to getting some custom platform specific decals. Most of the decals credit goes to @niglurion, incredible work 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

all i have done is put video is small box with fanart in background with a mega drive logo at top oh and added cart to the right. plus it works with that theme and a few others not all themes have to be the same. not even sure if thay could tilt the game box in lauchbox so may not work just giving idears

this would be up2 you Hexxxer  if u could make a custom game view thats just how i would make it look for your theme as it is now i just dont like the full screen videos much not every video i have looks nice in full screen.

maybe u want something like that

megadrive.png

Edited by reaper595

yes something like that. 

The problem though is I don't want this particular theme for every game, hence the desire for system enabled themes. That and the fact it would be nice to use specific views for 4:3 systems and 16:9 systems

Edited by Hexxxer