LaunchBox Community Forums

Cemu

ayestaranguillermo

LaunchBox can import whatever you want it to have. LB doesn't actually launch anything specifically, we tell the emulator or program to launch a specific file. So in this case it is down to CEMU. If it doesn't support a certain setup or a file extension then there isn't anything we can really do about it.

Thanks for the answer! I didn't express myself correctly back there :/ Can Launchbox extract the files inside the 7z, look for a file of rpx extension (inside the code folder) and pass that as argument to Cemu?

Because I have my files in loadiine format, and then compressed with 7z, and I'd like to have them like that because it saves a lot space.

Ahhh. The short answer is no sadly. LaunchBox will extract archives for the user, but if there are multiple files it will not grab any specific file. I believe cue sheets may be prioritized (if I recall correctly) only because it's generally most common for users so far to zip up games that utilize cue sheets. You are more than welcome to make a BitBucket ticket about this by clicking Issues/Requests at the top of the forums. An option to select the file inside of an archive when you launch it from within LB has also been requested on the BitBucket as well if you'd rather vote for that. That may have the best chance of happening as it automatically covers every eventuality.

Yeah :/ Launchbox should either let you navigate through the extracted folders to the file with some dialog box, or search for specific file extensions and just let you pick from whatever it finds that matches that criteria (if it finds more than one. if only one file matches the criteria it could just pass that one) for this work, and be useful in other scenarios.

Another thing I like to do is keep games with several discs (final fantasy VII, VIII, IX, etc) in one 7z for each game. For example, Final Fantasy VIII.7z would have all 4 discs inside it. When Launchbox decompresses it, it would be nice for it to let me choose which file to pass as an argument.

Or if I have the same game, but of different regions inside a single compressed file, i'd like to be able to chose which one to pass to the emulator.

Besides the two tickets you've found, there aren't too many requests for this stuff. We do earnestly suggest that most users don't archive their disc based systems, at all. Smaller cart based systems are less affected as they are smaller, so this is generally the most used scenario, hence allowing to launch specific files from zip when a user has more than 1 rom in there. It also just happens to work for your scenario as well, but like I said a lot of people don't generally request that way. For a lot of disc based systems, there is a better compression method in a lot of cases that I would suggest users to use, that has nothing to do with archives. For PS1 there is PBP, for PS2 and PSP there is CSO, for GameCube there is GCM and for Wii there is WBFS. These do require some leg work if you are curious about getting it set up. I converted my entire PS1, PS2, PSP, GameCube and Wii sets to these formats, the last two a long time ago, and it saves space and they play natively. Some games can't be compressed, like GTA Stories on the PSP, to play correctly. If you are curious about that, there are threads on the forums for  that stuff, or if you'd rather stick to archives then that is fine too of course. Wanted to offer you an alternative if you didn't know about it, because decompression every single time takes hard drive read and write cycles, cpu (the stronger the faster the decompression takes), and time.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2016 at 1:43 AM, ayestaranguillermo said:

Hi!

Is there anyway to configure Launchbox to launch a compressed Wii U game (in loadiine format) with Cemu?

I haven't tried it yet, but I believe this workaround may work.

I've read that CEMU uses a -g parameter to launch a game (btw a -f parameter for full screen).

If you create a .bat file with said command (you can google it for the specific sintaxis) pointing to the .rpx file and then you import said .bat to LB, in theory it should work. 

Please report if you do so.

I actually ran into this exact issue just a few days ago. Not with CEMu but still, the same kind of problem. The WiiU emulators available right now are VERY early in the stages of development right now. If you must use these images compressed, you can extract them all and then compress the entire directory with NTFS file compression. It is not as good by FAR over 7z, RAR even regular ZIP but it will cut out anything that is easily compressible and save a few hundred megs each on average. Buddy of mine is working on a launcher for LB that should be able to address this problem even if LB never adds this feature directly. This feature and multi-disk mounting from and not from ZIPS is also to be developed but that version won't be even started till at least sometime next month, currently at the paper prototype and flow charts stage.

You may just be stuck with this for the moment or you can try the BAT method, which should work but will be a bit cumbersome.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you can use a batch file (created inside Launchbox\7zip\temp) as the Cemu emulator to launch the rpx file after it's extracted. So, you would set the zip file game to use this batch file as the emulator.

I am assuming you have the game as a single zipped file and somewhere  inside there is an rpx file. 

If you create a batch file, like with a name of cemugame.bat, inside Launchbox\7zip\temp with code below, I think it should work (change the path to match where your cemu.exe is):

@echo off

for /f "delims=" %%i in ('dir /s /b *.rpx') do set cemugame=%%i

"R:\Arcade\Emulators\Cemu\cemu_1.6.1\cemu.exe" -f -g "%cemugame%"

There is one thing though. For some reason LB does not cleanup the extracted zip all the way after exiting the game/emulator. It will leave behind empty directories plus an empty Videos folder inside the Launchbox\7zip\temp directory. That shouldn't hurt any future launching.