LaunchBox Community Forums

Using More than one core\emulator

StuDentBR

Well i am having one issues that i could not figure out how to solve it, in my Snes colletions i use snes9x to run the games, but there is one game that i would like to run on a different emulator, just because the game does not run until the on it, so i would like to run this game using the retroarch with bsnes accuracy, but i could not figure out how to configure it, i've tried to follow the video tutorial, but it does not work. Any help?

Is possible to use more than one emulator on a same plataform ?

How do i which core is used in retroarch ?

Edited by StuDentBR

Hey @StuDentBR, you're in luck as that should be easy. I have done that for a couple games also.

Just right click edit the game you want to change to another emulator and click its emulator tab and choose the emulator you want to use for that game.

Let me know if this makes sense because I'm not in front of my computer to tell you exactly what to click.

Edited by ckp

For this situation? No, at least not easily. Since the command line is ran at the base level (on the emulator), and it swaps based on platform, you can't have one platform be two cores. You can assign command line arguments to the games, but then it runs the command line associated with the emulator, then the game, and that's no good. Why don't you swap everything over to Bsnes Accuracy or Balanced? They're some of the best, if not the best cores for SNES in RetroArch.

Yes.

If its just a small collection of games just use a custom command line for those games. Right click the game > edit > emulation tab.

Check "Use custom command-line parameters"

Then put in the command line:

-L "cores\bsnes_accuracy_libretro.dll"

Do that for each game.

If you want to use a totally different emulator just edit each game but instead of the custom command line just select a different emulator from the choose an emulator drop down menu.

1 minute ago, ckp said:

Hey @StuDentBR, you're in luck as that should be easy. I have done that for a couple games also.

Just right click edit the game you want to change to another emulator and click its emulator tab and choose the emulator you want to use for that game.

Let me know if this makes sense because I'm not in front of my computer to tell you exactly what to click.

For regular emulators yes, but not for RetroArch.

1 minute ago, lordmonkus said:

Yes.

If its just a small collection of games just use a custom command line for those games. Right click the game > edit > emulation tab.

Check "Use custom command-line parameters"

Then put in the command line:

-L "cores\bsnes_accuracy_libretro.dll"

Do that for each game.

If you want to use a totally different emulator just edit each game but instead of the custom command line just select a different emulator from the choose an emulator drop down menu.

Yes, but that passes both command line arguments. Does the second one override the first one, or does it crash?

1 minute ago, StuDentBR said:

Well Actually i use the snes9x standalone and the bsnes accuracy in retroarch.

If you have 2 different emulators just choose Retroarch from the dropdown for the games you want to run it with.

Just out of curiosity why not use one of the BSnes cores for all your Snes emulation ? If you have the CPU to run it you may as well use it.

Just now, lordmonkus said:

It works, I just tried it out. I use the BSnes Accuracy as my default Snes core. Setting the use custom command-line parameter to -L "cores\snes9x2010_libretro.dll" made the game run with the Snes9x core.

Ah, this is very good to know.

1 minute ago, StuDentBR said:

Well Actually i use the snes9x standalone and the bsnes accuracy in retroarch.

Then yea, in that case what ckp said is perfectly fine. Edit that single game, change the emulator to RetroArch and make sure the default command line parameter is set up properly for SNES in RA.

Well thank you guys it is working as expected now :D, i will just keep using the snes9x standalone to run the snes, and the retroarch with bsnes accuracy core to run the "hard to emulate" games, and by the way if you guys wondering  the game that i am using with bsnes is speedy gonzales hehehe

5 minutes ago, StuDentBR said:

Well thank you guys it is working as expected now :D, i will just keep using the snes9x standalone to run the snes, and the retroarch with bsnes accuracy core to run the "hard to emulate" games, and by the way if you guys wondering  the game that i am using with bsnes is speedy gonzales hehehe

awesome, happy gaming!

8 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

Bsnes Balanced is considered to be 100% with a slightly lower PC requirement, and Accuracy is just a slightly better extension of that if you have the hardware to run that core (a decent 3Ghz CPU). I agree with Monkus though, why not run everything through RetroArch?

Because i can't run doom at constant 60fps on bsnes accuracy, i think i will try test the bsnes balanced and see if it works. Thank you ^_^