LaunchBox Community Forums

Can DOS games not be 7zip ?

ALIE

No, DOS games can not be zipped. They are completely to complicated too do that. DOS (and other older PC's for that matter) are going to be a lot more complicated than most systems. They're obviously very doable and easier once you get the hang of them, but it's going to require you to use Google a lot.

We do also have a DOS tutorial on our YouTube channel, though a bit older at this point, still very useful. You can get there by clicking Tutorials at the top.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2016 at 7:10 AM, SentaiBrad said:

No, DOS games can not be zipped. They are completely to complicated too do that. DOS (and other older PC's for that matter) are going to be a lot more complicated than most systems. They're obviously very doable and easier once you get the hang of them, but it's going to require you to use Google a lot.

We do also have a DOS tutorial on our YouTube channel, though a bit older at this point, still very useful. You can get there by clicking Tutorials at the top.

Would you consider doing an updated version of DOS tutorial, not sure if anything has changed since then. I could not figure out what I needed to do exactly with the video

9 minutes ago, FoxyMonty said:

Would you consider doing an updated version of DOS tutorial, not sure if anything has changed since then. I could not figure out what I needed to do exactly with the video

What is it you're trying to do specifically? The process really hasn't changed. Keep in mind that DOS games often require a lot of per-game setup and configuration tweaking.

1 minute ago, Zombeaver said:

What is it you're trying to do specifically? The process really hasn't changed. Keep in mind that DOS games often require a lot of per-game configuration tweaking.

I tried setting it up a couple months ago and gave up, i'll try again tomorrow first and see how I get on and ask if I run into any issues.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...