LaunchBox Community Forums

New Micro pc Will it play ps2 roms

Nathcloud9

Hi I need a bit of help please, I just bought a new micro pc and its running ps2 games in slow motion. Ive messed with emulator settings but still no change

System Config
CPU: Intel Atom x5-Z8300 Processor (2M Cache, up to 1.84 GHz), 32-bit, 2 MB Cache
No. of Cores: 4
No. of Threads: 4
Processor Base Frequency: 1.44 GHz
Burst Frequency : 1.84 GHz
Scenario Design Power (SDP): 2W
GPU: Intel HD Graphics
RAM: DDR3 2GB
ROM: Onboard eMMC Flash 32 GB
WiFi: 802.11N Bluetooth: BT 4.0
Expand Memory: Micro SD Card (Maximum support 128GB)
Antenna: Build-in Wifi antenna

is this enough power to run them?

You'd be very hard pressed to find one honestly. The farther up you go, the more powerful a PC you're gonna need, and micro PC's are just not gonna really offer that kind of power. @DOS76 please correct me if I am wrong since you've been using these for a while, but you're not gonna have the power there simply put. Most are integrated graphics and that alone can be the stoppage to wanting to play PCSX2 and Dolphin. So unless you have a stupid expensive and powerful Micro PC, that happens to check off all the boxes, then I am unsure you're gonna get up there in that form factor.

You'd be very hard pressed to find one honestly. The farther up you go, the more powerful a PC you're gonna need, and micro PC's are just not gonna really offer that kind of power. @DOS76 please correct me if I am wrong since you've been using these for a while, but you're not gonna have the power there simply put. Most are integrated graphics and that alone can be the stoppage to wanting to play PCSX2 and Dolphin. So unless you have a stupid expensive and powerful Micro PC, that happens to check off all the boxes, then I am unsure you're gonna get up there in that form factor.