LaunchBox Community Forums

Console Marquee Images

captainwarnock

Hi everyone!  I'm looking to see if anyone has any clever images/ways on how to show console games with the dynamic marquees  I like the idea of having some type of console marquee for each system, but I also like the idea of having the box art up there as well?  Has anyone done anything like this before for consoles? Maybe some type of theme where the box art is shown in the middle, and there is an overlay to fill up the black space on all the sides?  Thanks!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2016 at 0:54 AM, igotdvds said:

Just an example to show whats possible with imagemagick script. can edit and redo batch in seconds.

Aerobiz Supersonic.png

others (not mine)

S6kywHZ.jpg

test.png

xuAE404.jpg

@igotdvds Love all your marquee's that you have done so far, would also like to have a copy of the script for imagemagick that you used to create these.  Also if possible if you could upload blanks of the Platform Marquees you have done so far so we could create our own for games you might have missed.  Thanking you in advance.  KUDOS keep up the great work.

On 5/21/2017 at 5:25 PM, Maddoc1007 said:

@igotdvds Love all your marquee's that you have done so far, would also like to have a copy of the script for imagemagick that you used to create these.  Also if possible if you could upload blanks of the Platform Marquees you have done so far so we could create our own for games you might have missed.  Thanking you in advance.  KUDOS keep up the great work.

I shouldn't have missed any as I used full rom sets. If I did, let me know.

The script varies by system due to varying amounts of folders needed due to different types of images. Here is an example:

setlocal enabledelayedexpansion

for %%i in (*.png) do (
"c:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.3-Q16\magick.exe" convert "%%i" ^( -clone 0 -background black -shadow 80x3+5+5 -channel RGBA -blur 0x3 ^) -reverse -background none -layers merge +repage "%%i"
"c:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.3-Q16\magick.exe" convert "%%i" -trim +repage -resize 482x202 "%%i"
"c:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.3-Q16\magick.exe" composite -gravity center -geometry -0-75 "%%i" Marquee.jpg "%%~ni.png"
"c:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.3-Q16\magick.exe" convert "C:\Users\Wiz\Desktop\My Marquees\Sega Genesis\Boxes\%%i" -resize 266x418 "C:\Users\Wiz\Desktop\My Marquees\Sega Genesis\Boxes\%%i"
"c:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.3-Q16\magick.exe" composite -gravity center -geometry -515+0 "C:\Users\Wiz\Desktop\My Marquees\Sega Genesis\Boxes\%%i" "%%i" "%%~ni.png"
)

Here are some blank marquees I used as my templates before adding the game images.

marquee.jpg

marquee.jpg

_marquee.jpg

marquee.jpg

_marquee.jpg

marquee.jpg

marquee.jpg

marquee.jpg

• 2 months later...