LaunchBox Community Forums

Write Access Error

Newlander

Hi guys , just update to the beta and now have this error message when trying to open BB , regular LB works just fine , i have full rights over the folder , im gonna try to move to another folder to see if it fixes the issue , may i suggest in future build to possibly change the default directory of LB?

Thank you :) keep up the great work

Capture.PNG

Update - Deleted Metallic, CleanBG theme , BB now opens however none of the themes are working including the default theme and is much slower to open then in previous versions

@optimus0 yeah that was the first thing i thought of still happens though , there's only one user account on this PC and for extra measure i also took ownership

Edited by Newlander

That is really odd as "._BackgroundView.xaml" is not even a file that is used. "BackgroundView.xaml", yes, but not "._BackgroundView.xaml". I'm royally confused here.

In thinking about this more; it could be that some sort of other program is putting these garbage files as hidden files in the folder. For some reason I recognize them as such, though I can't remember what app would do that. It's possible that since Big Box is searching for all files in the Views folder, it's choking on system or hidden files like that. Try enabling viewing system and hidden files in Explorer and see if they show up.