LaunchBox Community Forums

The Year 199X: System Intro Videos

Zombeaver

Welp, the Wii one was done and then I realized after watching the render that whatever genius put the footage together decided that they'd leave a big fat mouse cursor right in the middle of the Smash Bros gameplay... rendering a new one now. One of the clips had the wrong aspect ratio/overscan too - I noticed that the first time before the first render and cut it out but I didn't notice the cursor in the other clip.

Really poor quality control on that intro...

Well, like I said it's not out of the question - I have these all saved as individual projects so I can still pull them back up and strip it out. It's more a matter of 1) I've got multiple BB media projects on my plate already that have to take priority and 2) personally I think they look better this way. They were made specifically for CityHunter, which has a kindof cheesy 80's cyberpunk aesthetic. It doesn't get more much more 80's than a crapped out VHS tape you recorded off TV, spilled some RC Cola on, and stepped on once or twice after getting a bit overzealous with your Thriller routine.

oh yeah I'm sure you have them, just busy, and since it does more for you to have them in, probably won't ever happen.  Which is totally understandable.  I just really want to use them, but that messes with my eyes and head lol, and then becomes something that drives me insane.  Sort of like the original cityhunter background video, it just disoriented me due to its speed, so i found the original and slowed it down with a few other scenes and fades, and it works better for my setup.  I love the CityHunter them though, I think it's probably THE best one made so far for BB.  Your style of artwork is getting up there too.

• 7 months later...

I've added 4 new videos for Platform Categories:

Arcade
Computers
Consoles
Handhelds

These are primarily from commercials for a relevant platform within each category. The console one is actually the intro video to the "Interactive CD Sampler Pack Volume 3" which (along with many other demo discs) saw a whole lot of use in my Playstation as a teenager with limited resources.

138727-Interactive_CD_Sampler_Volume_3_%

On 9/25/2017 at 1:19 AM, Zombeaver said:

I've added 4 new videos for Platform Categories:

Arcade
Computers
Consoles
Handhelds

These are primarily from commercials for a relevant platform within each category. The console one is actually the intro video to the "Interactive CD Sampler Pack Volume 3" which (along with many other demo discs) saw a whole lot of use in my Playstation as a teenager with limited resources.

138727-Interactive_CD_Sampler_Volume_3_%

Trippy, I remember these.

• 6 months later...

love it! , am i able to request some further videos and artwork , logos for the following platforms?

Taito nessiaXLive
Zinc
Jaguar CD
Lynx
Bandai Wonderswan color
Bandai Wonderswan
Capcom CPS3
Collecovision
Daphne
Examu ex-board
HBMAME
Matel Intelivision