LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for MS-DOS Special Edition 1.0 Discussion

Jason Carr

15 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

The price would be shipping me a working Commodore 64 in good condition. ;)

Do you think it will be the right price? If you know how to handle the different electric voltage, maybe it's time to find it for you! And, although I don't collect home computers, here in Italy it's easy enough to find one in good or better condition. I have one C64 and one C64C modified with JiffyDOS, so next one, if you want, can be yours! :x

P.S. I don't collect home computers and I say that I have 2 C64: it seems strange but I collect only consoles but some computers from my childhood is not collectiong, it's nostalgic! Soon you'll enjoy my collection in a private exposition, so stay tuned!

Edited by dukeemu
Note
  • Like 1

On 17/1/2017 at 11:36 PM, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, I just put out version 1.1 already lol. I added a bunch of features (and one fix) this past weekend and things seem to be working well enough. Here's the change log:

- New "Move to Top" and "Move to Bottom" options are available under the Edit menu

- New "Insert Separator" option available under the Edit menu

- Each application can now have a separate set of commands for configuring the application

- New explicit "Run Selected" and "Configure Selected" options are available under the File menu

- New "Browse and Run" option is available under the File menu

- New "Lock" option is available under the File menu to help prevent accidental changes

- Changed the batch file process to better support DOSBox and older versions of MS-DOS

I updated the download link in the main post, and here it is again: http://bit.ly/LBXDOS11

Happy MS-DOS. :)

Thanks for your Insanity!!

Great work again Jason

Now we need a LB BBS for DOS community :P

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:07 PM, Jason Carr said:

I know folks had Commodore 64s in the US, but honestly I know nothing about them. I'm sure there's a version of BASIC for them, though; it'd be fun to play with. But yeah, as long as you don't mind me taking a while to figure things out and get it done. ;)

Yeah, no problem. You can take all the time in the world! 3 days I think it will be enough (Basic on C64 is from Microsoft, so you're well acquainted with that)! And 1 more day to get the BBS up and running as requested by @Lmagnus87, because Internet on C64 is a must (at 300 or 1200 baud!) :D

P.S. Re-using the word BAUD in 2017... incredible! :P

Edited by dukeemu
  • Like 1

Genecyst? I remember it! With menus with blood stains dropping! And great Genesis emulator too! I don't remember the authors, they were some of the best in last "century", and they came out with Callus too! Another great arcade emulator (CPS1 if I remember...). Great memories of pure innocent emulation in its early years... :x

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Wow, that's pretty awesome. I can't imagine how much work must be going into porting it to DOS. Windows 95/98/2000 is probably relatively easy, but DOS. Wow.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...