LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroFresh

faeran

6 hours ago, Replay said:

I'm using Retro Fresh Detailed and the platform sections are looking very bland. It basically shows a video fullscreen and nothing else.

I've fooled with a bunch of settings and can't figure it out.

Once I select a platform and start viewing games, everything is looking as it should. 

Help please!

1.thumb.jpg.a25666927af54e763b917c8544b4240b.jpg

Hi @Replay. There are multiple platform views. You will need to go into bigbox settings and assign a button to switch views. Then you can cycle through the different platform views using that button.

Yes, I've done that before I posted. When I change views they don't match what you've posted in your examples in the OP (specifically the RetroFresh Demo V1.1)

It's like something doesn't render or isn't correct on my system, but I can't figure out what it is. I've extracted all 4 of the different RF themes and get the same result regardless of RF theme used.

When I hover over Nintendo, I get the results in the pic I posted. Same thing happens with Genesis. I don't get a cool looking Sonic and tails with 5 different games showing. Mine looks like this 1.thumb.jpg.94a2c625c137adeb94c8d7e14c8242c8.jpgPerhaps something is ticked or not ticked in bigbox which is failing for me, but I can't figure it out.

1 minute ago, Replay said:

Yes, I've done that before I posted. When I change views they don't match what you've posted in your examples in the OP (specifically the RetroFresh Demo V1.1)

It's like something doesn't render or isn't correct on my system, but I can't figure out what it is. I've extracted all 4 of the different RF themes and get the same result regardless of RF theme used.

When I hover over Nintendo, I get the results in the pic I posted. Same thing happens with Genesis. I don't get a cool looking Sonic and tails with 5 different games showing. Mine looks like this 1.thumb.jpg.94a2c625c137adeb94c8d7e14c8242c8.jpgPerhaps something is ticked or not ticked in bigbox which is failing for me, but I can't figure it out.

Those are platform videos, you must not have them. They can be downloaded from within Launchbox if you have the premium version.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Had a quick question about this theme. First of all I love it! It works 100% perfect for me and was just what I was looking for!

So after I downloaded it, I noticed it didn't have a few clear logos for some of my systems (fds, turbo-16, vectrex, etc). No big deal though I downloaded the logos through emu movies, installed them in the retro fresh theme folder under images, platforms, clear logos, and they appeared with no problem. My question is once you pick the system you want to play, how do I get the system logo to appear in the upper right hand corner for those systems on the game selection screen? As you can seen by the attached pictures, since my NES one already had the logo included with the theme, it appears in the top right hand corner, but since my famicom disk system did not have the logo included originally, it does not appear. What folder should I put these platform logo pics in to make them appear? Thanks in advance for the help!

IMG_3754.JPG

IMG_3755.JPG

4 minutes ago, CaptainJ said:

Had a quick question about this theme. First of all I love it! It works 100% perfect for me and was just what I was looking for!

So after I downloaded it, I noticed it didn't have a few clear logos for some of my systems (fds, turbo-16, vectrex, etc). No big deal though I downloaded the logos through emu movies, installed them in the retro fresh theme folder under images, platforms, clear logos, and they appeared with no problem. My question is once you pick the system you want to play, how do I get the system logo to appear in the upper right hand corner for those systems on the game selection screen? As you can seen by the attached pictures, since my NES one already had the logo included with the theme, it appears in the top right hand corner, but since my famicom disk system did not have the logo included originally, it does not appear. What folder should I put these platform logo pics in to make them appear? Thanks in advance for the help!

IMG_3754.JPG

IMG_3755.JPG

I think I had the same issue as you a while back with this theme and others as well. You should put the system logo in the folder "Images" >> "Platforms" >> "Famicom Disk System" just like you would with any other, but make sure that the logo filename is exactly the same as the system name. For example, if you have a filename "logo.png" or "famicom.png" it won't work. However "Famicom Disk System.png" (or .jpg) should work

HI guys thanks for the quick response, but I think there is a misunderstanding. I have the clear logo files correctly named and in the clear logo folder. They show up correctly on the main menu screen where you scroll through your list of systems. No problem there. Its when you click on a system and go into it (where you then pick the game you want to play) that the ones that were not originally included are not showing up in the top right hand corner of the screen (see pics for comparison)

6 minutes ago, CaptainJ said:

Everything is named correctly and in the right folder. I took a picture of it (fds) working on the main menu screen. If it shows up there why won’t it show up in the top right corner of the game selection screen?

D7DA9599-1A7A-402E-9C51-CF9BE7B2AE00.jpeg

Okay, but it's a little odd that you have those white boxes behind the 2 logos (on the right side) which isn't very common with a .png file, whereas your "Nintendo Entertainment System" logo has a clear background. You may want to edit those logos in photoshop (or similar program) and make sure they're saved properly as png files

Edited by bundangdon

It’s just how I found them on the internet originally, and those are the only two like that, but they are all indeed in .png. I would even be fine with them having the background in the game selection screen just as long as there was something there instead of the blank space. Are you sure there isn’t a separate folder somewhere they would go? I don’t understand why they show fine in the main menu but not the game selection screen. 

On a side note, the ones that ARE working (like nes) I’m in the clear logo folder and I don’t see the system logos there at all so where are they?

So I refreshed the cache about 20 times, restarted big box, and they finally showed up! I don’t know what happened as I didn’t move anything or rename anything but I am glad they work now. My LB has been doing a few random weird things since the last update but it usually eventually gets worked out. Thank you so much for hanging in there with me and for the ideas i appreciate your time! 

Edited by CaptainJ

5 hours ago, CaptainJ said:

So I refreshed the cache about 20 times, restarted big box, and they finally showed up! I don’t know what happened as I didn’t move anything or rename anything but I am glad they work now. My LB has been doing a few random weird things since the last update but it usually eventually gets worked out. Thank you so much for hanging in there with me and for the ideas i appreciate your time! 

No worries! Glad to hear you got it figured out

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, johnugamer said:

How hard would it be to enable playlist specific background fanart when browsing through games inside a playlist? As it is right now playlist fanart only show on the platforms list, not the games view itself. Any help is appreciated.

Hi @johnugamer. Do you mean that you want the playlist background to be displayed on the game selection pages, instead of game specific backgrounds?

Yes, similar to how Unified works where the playlists can have a different background for the game selection screen that it pulls from /images/background. I don't have any game specific backgrounds as of right now so right now the game selection view inside playlists show the fanart for the parent platform.

Edited by johnugamer
  • Like 1