LaunchBox Community Forums

Should I Download?

NJDave71

So I have tried many front ends to Launch my Game Collection.   I already have a Vast Collection of Roms, Videos and Themes.  Now come the Questions

1.  How do you import a collection into LaunchBox without having to downlaod everything again?

2.  What you get a Licenses how does BigBox work and how do you set up a theme.

Edited by NJDave71

1. If you already have media all you have to do is place it in the appropriate folder within the LB folder structure so if you have the front box art for Nintendo Entertainment System it will go in the LaunchBox root folder inside of Images>Nintendo Entertainment System>Box - Front you would do this for each system with the appropriate media types so for videos it would be the same except Images would be Videos>NES>FileName.mp4
  2. BigBox works by launching the .exe the demo videos show how it works much better than I can explain. The program itself will use the info from LB for populating itself and you will have to go into the options and make changes to your themes and sometimes your views (in order to see certain elements of the theme)
  • Like 1

What Derek said for the media, is exactly what I would say. Just drop the proper media in the right folders. As long as the media is named like the rom file or the name of the game inside of LaunchBox, it will automatically attach. Just uncheck the media boxes in LaunchBox (don't uncheck the "use LaunchBox Games Database box", but the screen after and all of the image boxes).

If you want some help with various things, or to see Demo's, we have quite a few videos on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSIht6UXIEXIgz4eXAEShxA/videos