LaunchBox Community Forums

Noob with MAME and KEGA fusion questions ..help please

shaolin95

So I was trying to fix my zaxxon as well but something is wrong. I have the samples folder and added the patch in mame.ini.
If I launch mame64.exe myself and open the versious zaxxon copies I have then the samples play as expected but if I try it from within Launchbox then I get no sound.

Any ideas?

Edited by shaolin95

Do you possibly have a second install of Mame and your Launchbox is pointing that one by chance ? Because Launchbox should not be causing any performance issues with your emulators or make stuff not work like it works in the emulator on its own. I know I have in the past had issues only to realize I was pointing to a different emulator version install.

5 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Do you possibly have a second install of Mame and your Launchbox is pointing that one by chance ? Because Launchbox should not be causing any performance issues with your emulators or make stuff not work like it works in the emulator on its own. I know I have in the past had issues only to realize I was pointing to a different emulator version install.

I am double checking as that might be it....no performance issue just sound issues.

PS I thought I checked before but I still made the mistake indeed. Fixed it by selecting the right mame now lol. Time to clean up all those other copies.

Thanks!

Edited by shaolin95

Ok so I am getting pretty far now! :)
One issue I am having is configuring controllers for Genesis with retroarch. This are generic Xbox 360 usb controllers so Retroarch says it is recognizing them BUT I have issues controlling..like Start does not seem to work and player 2 cannot move.
Any ideas?

1 minute ago, lordmonkus said:

Did you configure Input 2 for your 2nd controller ?

When I start a game I see a message about  XInput configured. Shows for User 1 and User 2. Doesnt that mean it is detecting both and auto configuring? At least from the tutorial I was reading.

22 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

It should, yes. But you may want to double check it in the input settings.

It is very odd but after doing it a few times it finally took it (using the Bind all option). I wonder if the fact that these are generic versions of the 360 controllers create some issues...

So I decided to kind of star over with MAME and got the Merged .182 ROMS and CHDs packages.

With Launchbox I only need to import the ROMs and then in the MAME config I just make sure to enter the path for the ROMs and CHDs, correct?

How do i remove my current MAME roms imported into Launchbox but keep all the media so that it does not re-download for the new ROM set I will be importing?

Thanks!