LaunchBox Community Forums

Noob with MAME and KEGA fusion questions ..help please

shaolin95

Hello!

Since I am running Windows 10 64bits, I got a patched version of Kega for windows 10 (comes with a draw.dll) but it keeps failing with a draw error. What are you guys using for Sega Genesis/Sega CD?

More importantly....regarding MAME...I have 3 ROM sets....139u which is called Mame4droid 9.139 ROM+extras (I got it long time ago for my phones), then I got all the MAME roms from the Raspberry Reys 128GB image, and then I have another one from a user that cleared out non working ROMS etc which was also posted for Raspberry.
My problem is, it does not seem to be working too good for me. Like many games do not work, at least from the Reys 128GB rom set.
Is there a Specific MAME version you guys prefer for Launchbox and a specific ROM set I should be using for it?

At least I got Afterburner 2 to run with the latest MAME version after creating the ini from a guide I found on this forum.

Thank you!

Most of the users here are using RetroArch with the Gens GX Plus core for most of our Sega needs and the Picodrive core for 32X games

Yeah you would have to find out which set those other guys are using and try to find a corresponding version of MAME that or just grab the latest set which is currently 0.181 but this is going to change within the next few days when the new set is released.  I would suggest that you get the latest version of MAME and the latest set when 0.182 is released it features some new audio settings that will improve latency. You can get the latest set though now and it will work with 0.182 version of MAME when it is released.

• Like 1

Retroarch is a bit more work to get up and running compared to some stand alone emulators but the extra effort is really worth it because it brings some really good features. It's cores are updated much more often than stand alone emulators, has great shaders to customize how your games look and it handles v-sync, audio sync and input lag extremely well and that's just for starters.

Anyways here's a link to a guide I did to help get you started with it:

• Like 1

I got a full ROMSet of MAME .180 and I am having lots of issues with it. First of all I stopped the import on Letter B of the roms and already was showing over 2000 errors of not finding images but my main concern is that games that run fine on MAME for my phone like Altered Beast, will not even start with the MAME I am using (latest 64 bit build). Are you guys using Retroarch also for MAME. Not sure why so much issue...basically just a few games work like After Burner 2 so far.
Thanks!

Sorry by standalone .181 do you mean you do not run it through Launchbox? Is it the 64 bits?

If you are using Launchbox, are you selecting any of the options during the configuration? For example mine preselects the "Dont Use Quotes" options among others, when I select MAME.

Also, is your ROM set .180 or which one?

Thanks!

I run it through Launchbox and yeah it's the 64-bit version. I also use the command line version, no extra GUI or anything and I just configure it in the mame.ini file.

My rom set is a 178 romset and here is a screenshot of my Launchbox Mame config. Ignore the -nn part of the mame64 -nn.exe, that is just a non nag version of the exe.

2017-01-23 01_38_30-Edit Emulator.jpg

• Like 1

Ok I am a moron! Didnt realize I needed to enter the path somewhere too so I just ran the mame -cc in CMD and then added the path. That made many games work now! Thanks for that.
Now I need to figure out why somegames like Altered Beast fail. I tried running the mame.exe directly then at least I get to see the error which is like its missing ROM or CHD. Guess that is more I need to learn.