LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox And CPS3

Flintz

It feels like I live in these forums, haha!!

Has anyone got the CPS3 standalone emulator to work with Launchbox?  I have a problem where I on a game and it opens up the emulator, but not the game itself.  I went into the emulator's .ini file and entered all the paths the roms are located, but I still get the same error.

Anybody out there with the same issues at all?  Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Any help would be awesomely appreciated!

Thanks!

@Flintz In order to get the CPS3 emulator (emulator.exe) to play CPS3 games you must use a bat file, this bat file must be in a folder named after each game here is an example of a bat for use unzip and place in the CPS3 rom folder and point LaunchBox to the bat do not use an emulator under the emulation tab see screenshot of where to point file to copy the bat and place in a folder named after each game for CPS3.  Replace in the bat your game location.Untitled.png

jojo.zip

• Like 1

Just now, lordmonkus said:

Ok, I will take a look at the emulator and see what I can figure out but is there any reason you wouldn't use Mame, Retroarch FBA or even the stand alone FBA emulator ?

I tried, but none of the versions worked for some strange reason.  Which version of MAME or FBA do you use from Retroarch?

Just as a note, FBA in Retroarch for both CPS1 and CPS2 work without a hitch.

6 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@Flintz In order to get the CPS3 emulator (emulator.exe) to play CPS3 games you must use a bat file, this bat file must be in a folder named after each game here is an example of a bat for use unzip and place in the CPS3 rom folder and point LaunchBox to the bat do not use an emulator under the emulation tab see screenshot of where to point file to copy the bat and place in a folder named after each game for CPS3.  Replace in the bat your game location.Untitled.png

jojo.zip

Where do you get the .bat files from?  All of my roms are zipped and when I look inside, there aren't any .bat files in there.

32 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@Flintz When you follow my instructions your CPS3 folder should look like this see screen shot,i would place all the Rom inside a folder called roms inside the CPS3 emulator folderUntitled.png

In the folders where the .bat files are, do you have the corresponding .zip file in there as well?  Or is it just the .bat file with the .zip files on the outside?

@Flintz look at the screenshot,the zips you see are the Roms and the Folders you see are the bats, they must all be in the same folder and if you look at the address bar at the top of the screenshot it shows what the address of where they are documents folder inside that launchbox folder inside that folder emulators folder etc

• Like 1

Just tried it and the emulator opens, but the games don't run.  I just get a black screen.  .zip files are in the folder, .bat files are in the game named folders and I change the path in all the .bat files to match the location of where my emulator is.

Not sure what's going on here.